DOH Airport Qatar Lounges

The challenge is.. if youre not traveling business class, access to Al Mourjan is about $125 per person (for the cost of 2 people getting into the lounge, you could have a room at the Oryx).. and the last few times Ive been through Doha the Al Mourjan lounge has been at full capacity, and they have even turned away business class travelers that didnt have reservations..

$125 is their advertised price.. they do usually have some sort of special or discount going on.. and the exchange rate plays a part as well... Ive seen it as cheap as about $75 per person... so MAYBE 2 people get in cheaper than the Oryx.. but.. then again.. maybe not..

IF youre flying business.. and IF they have room available in the lounge.. and IF one of those lay flat loungers are available when you get there.. they are indeed super comfortable...

but.. for the last few years getting one is a bit of a crap shoot..
This is what I saw last month. They were all FULL. Every lounge in the place was at capacity. If I fly Qatar again, I will be getting a room at Oryx. It is worth the money IMO

The challenge is.. if youre not traveling business class, access to Al Mourjan is about $125 per person (for the cost of 2 people getting into the lounge, you could have a room at the Oryx).. and the last few times Ive been through Doha the Al Mourjan lounge has been at full capacity, and they have even turned away business class travelers that didnt have reservations..

$125 is their advertised price.. they do usually have some sort of special or discount going on.. and the exchange rate plays a part as well... Ive seen it as cheap as about $75 per person... so MAYBE 2 people get in cheaper than the Oryx.. but.. then again.. maybe not..

IF youre flying business.. and IF they have room available in the lounge.. and IF one of those lay flat loungers are available when you get there.. they are indeed super comfortable...

The OP said he's flying business class.
Also most people have no idea there are flat loungers in Al Mourjan (their odd location) and the last two times I went trough (3 months ago) there were wide open.

To add, it will likely take close to an hour once you land till you get back into the airport. Depending where the gate is, its a long taxi and then he must clear security again. Once cleared he can head to the hotel.
Yes good point. there are those extra security screenings and of course often times a bus ride that takes time. I love DOH but with the busses it is not the best airport in the world.

Last year they were not allowing any paid entry on economy tickets. Only business class tickets. I agree it is a crap shoot but business class should get in. I paid to go to the first class lounge in return from Tanzania last year. It was nice to go to a new lounge but I can’t say it was a lot better than Al Mourjan.
Next year I have short layovers. ☹️

From my travel agent.

with your destination of Harare the stopover hotel is included with the cost of your ticket. Our agency arranges that with the airline, you will receive a voucher at check-in similar to a boarding pass. There will be instructions and signs in the airport to get to the “Hotel Desk”. We will send these details to you closer to departure so they are fresh in your mind come May.

Please know that some clients do not wish to stay offsite from the airport and elect to prepay for the in transit hotel for convenience, that is roughly the $400.

Additionally, others traveling to other destinations like South Africa, Tanzania, Mozambique do not have a long enough layover to qualify for the complimentary hotel program. Harare and Lusaka are the two hunting destinations that fall in this program due to length of layover.

Thanks,

The free room is owned by Qatar airlines. They take you by shuttle understanding you have a connection and only so long. I’m not sure if I will leave the airport for a free room to shower and take a nap or not. I’m sure that layover would go so much faster lounging in a motel room. I have 9 hr layover also same itinerary most likely
But that is outside of security. No problem for me but many would prefer to stay inside.

Yes good point. there are those extra security screenings and of course often times a bus ride that takes time. I love DOH but with the busses it is not the best airport in the world.
I was surprised to see so many busses in operation. They were adding on to the airport when I was there, but probably not enough to accommodate how many flights are moving each day.

Next year I have short layovers.

Yep!

Im thankful that I only have a 2 hour and 10 minute layover in Doha for 2024..

If you have to be stuck at an airport.. Doha is one of the better ones to be stuck at for a little while...

But my preference is to have enough of a layover to compensate for late departures / late arrivals and not be stressed about whether bags (or people) make the transfer... but not one minute more than that if I can avoid it (about 2-3 hours is close to perfect in my experience)..

Yep!

If you have to be stuck at an airport.. Doha is one of the better ones to be stuck at for a little while...

But my preference is to have enough of a layover to compensate for late departures / late arrivals and not be stressed about whether bags (or people) make the transfer... but not one minute more than that if I can avoid it (about 2-3 hours is close to perfect in my experience)..
I’d certainly fly with them again if I had a 2-3 hour layover.

Yep!

I
We all have stories of unfortunate long layovers or delays that are unpleasant. Then here are the good ones.

I tend to agree with you for the average airport. Doha however I would love it if I had a 4 hour layover each time! Also when flying AA through DFW (which I do often) I do look at the layover times to see if I have time to go eat at Pappadeaux seafood restaurant in terminal A. I do not know of a better airport restaurant.

I was surprised to see so many busses in operation. They were adding on to the airport when I was there, but probably not enough to accommodate how many flights are moving each day.
Me too on my first trip through there.

We all have stories of unfortunate long layovers or delays that are unpleasant. Then here are the good ones.

I tend to agree with you for the average airport. Doha however I would love it if I had a 4 hour layover each time! Also when flying AA through DFW (which I do often) I do look at the layover times to see if I have time to go eat at Pappadeaux seafood restaurant in terminal A. I do not know of a better airport restaurant.

I cannot think of an airline/airport combination I'd like less than AA/DFW. I have fortunately been lucky enough to not have been impacted. However, my son who lives in College Station has yet to make it thru there on AA without a HUGE delay. One of his trips he would've been almost home sooner by driving all the way to Phoenix (approximately a 16 1/2 hour drive).

Being a DFW resident we pretty much get stuck with AA and their lounges as the "best option" on most international trips (most options, lowest price, etc)... but often waive off and just pay more... because AA truly sucks that bad...

That said.. the trips to/from Guatemala we took last week on AA were absolutely perfect (gotta give them honest credit where credit is due).. flights left on time, arrived early, and the flight crews both directions were genuinely friendly, courteous, helpful, polite, etc..

I was honestly a bit taken back by it.. my experience with AA over the last several years has been nothing short of shitty..

Being a DFW resident we pretty much get stuck with AA and their lounges as the "best option" on most international trips (most options, lowest price, etc)... but often waive off and just pay more... because AA truly sucks that bad...

That said.. the trips to/from Guatemala we took last week on AA were absolutely perfect (gotta give them honest credit where credit is due).. flights left on time, arrived early, and the flight crews both directions were genuinely friendly, courteous, helpful, polite, etc..

I was honestly a bit taken back by it.. my experience with AA over the last several years has been nothing short of shitty..

I have an AA credit card and frequent flyer account. I'll fly AA just about anywhere as such, usually everything goes fine. But I normally don't go to DFW on them even its my final destination (have in-laws in the area). When I go to DSC, it's always on SWA into Love Field, far more convenient and even a couple years ago when SWA had it's own crap show, my flights departed/arrived on time or within a few minutes thereof.

I will be flying back through DOH airport next March, Qatar Airlines. I will be arriving into DOH around 10pm, will have a 9 hour layover. Since I will be flying business class, I will have access to their lounges. My question is, for those who have flown through DOH, what are my options for resting during a 9 hour layover? I would prefer a place to lay down if possible.

Thanks, Andrew
The business class lounge is amazing. I do not recall seeing any sleeping accommodations.

I cannot think of an airline/airport combination I'd like less than AA/DFW. I have fortunately been lucky enough to not have been impacted. However, my son who lives in College Station has yet to make it thru there on AA without a HUGE delay. One of his trips he would've been almost home sooner by driving all the way to Phoenix (approximately a 16 1/2 hour drive).
Sure we also have had the delays there but it is usually weather related. AA does not have the on time performance of Delta that is for sure. Sadly it is our only local choice.
This has nothing to do with the airport being the best and most efficient IMO.

I was on that Guatemala flight back in May for a mission trip. I got upgraded in the way over and it was ok. AA is functional (most of the time) but there is no wow factor. This applies to domestic business class, lounges, and some international business class. The best flight I had with them was on the way back from Israel last November London-DFW in Flagship Business. The Flagship Lounge DFW is pretty good but once you been in Doha nothing compares.

Not all Business class tickets come with lounge access.
Yes you need to ask for this. Not sure what the code is on the ticket but as stated above…As much as I hate flying…uk to nz :mad:o_O every two years or so for the last 25…..Qatar are the best at present!

Understand that you'll be flying business class, but for those of us in steerage the Oryx Lounge (located behind the giant teddy bear) presents a viable option. It does have a "quiet room" with recliners and partitions. While you won't get a deep sleep there, it's OK for a nap, shower, some decent snacks and coffee, and wifi connection. About $75 pre-purchased with my ticket.

When we went we flew cattle class but we bought into the business class lounge (the Oryx). 11 bucks more than the economy and WELL worth it. Much less crowded

The oryx had 3-5 showers IIRC and it was great with no wait. On our return trip we bought into a different business class lounge (for the life of me I can’t remember the name) and it only had one shower…… Very inconvenient, especially a the shorter layover

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GennieL592

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.