Does anyone recognize this Mauser trigger?

rookhawk

Silver supporter
AH ambassador
Joined
Mar 4, 2015
Messages
10,431
Reaction score
30,944
Location
Wisconsin, behind the cheddar curtain
Media
153
Articles
4
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
Does anyone know who's trigger this is? It's horribly high at 4lbs 5 ounces but really consistent, so I'm hoping it is recognized as an adjustable trigger, I can find the manual and improve it. I'm 99% confident this is a relatively modern replacement that was mass produced.

I'm hesitant to take gun apart to "explore" at present.

Any ideas?

IMG_0644.JPG
IMG_0645.JPG
IMG_0646.JPG
 
The profile looks similar to a Blackburn but I'm not really sure. If it's aftermarket it should be marked somewhere. The checkering pattern looks vaguely familiar, Husqvarna 640 maybe?
 
Looks a lot like the timney adjustable sporter I have in my Mauser

Can you pull the action from the stock and get a pic of the trigger housing?

A timney will have 2 screws on the housing.. one for overtravel/creep.. and the other for weight
 
Does anyone know who's trigger this is? It's horribly high at 4lbs 5 ounces but really consistent, so I'm hoping it is recognized as an adjustable trigger, I can find the manual and improve it. I'm 99% confident this is a relatively modern replacement that was mass produced.

I'm hesitant to take gun apart to "explore" at present.

Any ideas?

View attachment 179112 View attachment 179113 View attachment 179114

It's not a Parker Hale trigger is it ??
 
It's not a Parker Hale trigger is it ??


It might be. It's going to Africa for this hunt and I'm not prepared to remove the action to check this late in the game. I'll leave it until I return home and get the wood refreshed with more slacum. I was just curious if by sight someone knew what I had so I could determine if I need a new trigger or if this one is adjustable.

It's a British Mauser from Westley, made in 1910. It certainly is a replacement trigger as the bolt shroud was also modified at a later era. A Parker hale could be. It has an Allen screw visible so certainly later 20th century.
 
@rookhawk did you get this trigger figured out? What caliber is the rifle?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,272
Messages
1,571,229
Members
169,280
Latest member
JackieMund
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top