Do muzzleloading double rifles follow the same rules for load dev?

Kynoch2015

AH veteran
Joined
Jan 1, 2016
Messages
146
Reaction score
283
I assume the principles are the same for cartridge vs muzzleloader. I’m starting to develop a load for a ml double rifle. The rifling twist makes it a ball gun, so the projectile is fixed. I assume it’s a matter of finding the charge, maybe granulation as my variables. Any experiences you can share would be appreciated. Thanks!
 
That's basically what I did with my .50 cal pedersoli kodiak express. It works the best with about 80 grains of ffg. I have a cva express and the barrels on it were so poorly regulated that they wouldn't hit within 5" of eachother at 25 yards with any load. The elevation is way off between the two barrels.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,324
Messages
1,572,945
Members
169,655
Latest member
NehuSinhi
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top