Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA, SCI
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME
Sounds like the CEO finally took a page from AH.
The only time anything gets done is when their son/daughter/wife/good friend, member of the board,etc. is on the receiving end of bad behavior and then they give them an earful.
Edit: Or if the feds get on their asses.

Last edited:
The only time anything gets done is when their son/daughter/wife/good friend, member of the board,etc. is on the receiving end of bad behavior and then they give them an earful.
Edit: Or if the feds get on their asses.

Someone certainly made a stink where he could see it.

Ok ...not sure what you mean by it isnt a right....
I think what he means is that there is no inherent right to board a plane and go somewhere.

It certainly isn't a right
It is not a right per se as they can run their business however they wish. That being said, airline industry is a pretty competitive business and being "holier than thou" towards customers is not a good way to expand one's business.

Do they have a sliding scale on what constitutes a lack of civility?

If I ask the guy in the seat in front of me to quit farting, will they kick him off, or me?
As a Wise beyond his years fellow kindergartner once said..."the smeller is the feller"

That said I hope they have all the undesirables removed prior to our May 29th flight...
For as my Jump Master told us at 800 feet..."all you Cherries get off my Aircraft NOW!!!"

our society today has completely forgotten that it costs nothing to be decent and civil and occasionally smile towards other people. The people working on airplanes with the public could certainly use an occasional compliment and a thank-you. Most passengers could use a bit of emily post decorum and after spending 6+ days on airplanes this month, I would agree that we need to be a lot more polite towards fellow travelers. Still not a good idea to mandate from the CEO publicly.

I have no problem banning unruly or drunk people from flying. Its hard enough to be stuck on a plane for hours on end without stupid people making it worse or possibly dangerous to others on board.
I nearly lost my whole safari one time due to stupid people not taking their seats and not doing what the attendants told them to do, until one finally got on the bullhorn and yelled and them to SIT DOWN!! It was unbelievable!
If people cant behave, stay home or drive your car.

This is an interesting idea. With everyone overreaching on the internet today, how long until a facebook or twitter transgression gets you banned from delta?
Basic Civility has always been easy for me…
I’m a failure at advanced Civility the ability to recognize “microaggressions” that trigger snowflakes…was programed out of me at Ft. Benning Ga in 1982…I fly Delta Comfort Plus for the extra room I need to practice Manspreading

I think what he means is that there is no inherent right to board a plane and go somewhere.

Ok see now....but as someone who over the years has flown quite a bit ...i have experienced plenty of attitude from airline staff at different times from at the gate to on the plane....so works both ways ...and from my experience cabin crew on usa airlines can be the worst ...think its because they basically have a job for life or used to....but they same as passengers with attitude are in the minority....

I have no problem banning unruly or drunk people from flying. Its hard enough to be stuck on a plane for hours on end without stupid people making it worse or possibly dangerous to others on board.
I nearly lost my whole safari one time due to stupid people not taking their seats and not doing what the attendants told them to do, until one finally got on the bullhorn and yelled and them to SIT DOWN!! It was unbelievable!
If people cant behave, stay home or drive your car.
Yeah and how about the Chinese and some Africans that were never taught that when the plane is being off-loaded to please just wait your turn and stop trying to squeeze past people that were seated ahead of you! That 20 seconds gained isn't going to make a difference but it sure is obnoxious! I guess some people were never taught in school in 1st grade or by their parents to line up and politely wait your turn when entering/leaving buildings, rooms, etc... My wife and I just shake our heads in disgust when we see this on overseas flights. We don't see it in the USA much.

Do they have a sliding scale on what constitutes a lack of civility?

If I ask the guy in the seat in front of me to quit farting, will they kick him off, or me?
@ Brent in AZ
NEITHER need to be kicked off Brent. Just give the guy in front of you a cork and politely ask him to use it next time he goes to the loo and only remove said cork once outside the airport. I imagine the noise made on the removal of said cork would stop him farting again
Bob

Chinese and some Africans that were never taught that when the plane is being off-loaded to please just wait your turn and stop trying to squeeze past people
Ok We American's played USA Tackle Foot Ball at some point...Just askin how you let a Chinese rush past you on the narrow airplane aisle??? Blocking is a fundamental skill learned at age 8...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenusPined

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross