Dec 7th

flatwater bill

AH legend
Joined
Jun 16, 2013
Messages
3,284
Reaction score
7,783
Media
26
Hunting reports
Africa
5
Asia/M.East
1
Member of
NRA endowment member/Life member
Hunted
All 6 Continents
Nearly all of the greatest generation of soldiers, sailors and Marines have passed. My salute to those remaining and those to whom we owe so much......82 years ago today.................FWB
 
I had the honor to meet a Marine who fought in Iwo-Jima, and a soldier who was part of D-day. Hombres with huge cojones. Greatest generation for sure!

When I was part of the Honor Guard at Homestead, I participated on several funerals, honoring these heroes.
 
Before this day fades into history, largely forgotten by the agenda driven media, let me thank Fox News for their special program honoring those fallen.
Although I am not generally a Steven Spielberg fan, his mini-series "The Pacific" (2010) is worth watching.
And lastly, as one anecdote from that campaign, Admiral Keiji Shibazaki said of The Tarawa Atols, "It would take 1 million men 100 years to take this from us".
35,000 sailors, soldiers and Marines, took it in 3 days.
FWB
 
Nearly all of the greatest generation of soldiers, sailors and Marines have passed. My salute to those remaining and those to whom we owe so much......82 years ago today.................FWB
Freedom is NOT free. God bless our troops....past and present...and their families for their sacrifice.
 
Freedom is NOT free. God bless our troops....past and present...and their families for their sacrifice.
I have a Tshirt that says "Veteran. Freedom Is Not Free. I Paid For It." I very proudly wore a uniform for 30 years, 6 months and 8 days. I remember WW2 from about 1944 on. We had a big celebration when it ended and I remember the banners and parade. All the returning service people were honored. Made a huge imprssion on a 5 year old kid that stuck with me and made the decision for me to become one of them.
 
I have a Tshirt that says "Veteran. Freedom Is Not Free. I Paid For It." I very proudly wore a uniform for 30 years, 6 months and 8 days. I remember WW2 from about 1944 on. We had a big celebration when it ended and I remember the banners and parade. All the returning service people were honored. Made a huge imprssion on a 5 year old kid that stuck with me and made the decision for me to become one of them.
Thank you for sharing this....and thank you for you LONG service to our country. My husband, Dad, 4 brothers, and brother-in-law have all served but not nearly for as long as you. And only my husband saw war as a cobra helicopter pilot in Somalia. I can't begin to imagine what all you have seen and suffered. Again.....thank you.
 
This time of year I always think about my dad, my uncles and all those who served in WWII.
IMG_5087.JPG
 
Reading this thread reminds me of a good friend, since passed away, we hunted together many times over our 15 year friendship. He fought in the Pacific, US Army, was wounded by a Japanese mortar & carried shrapnel in his left arm to his grave.
I miss him, & yes that was the great generation, we owe them a lot!
 
I have a Tshirt that says "Veteran. Freedom Is Not Free. I Paid For It." I very proudly wore a uniform for 30 years, 6 months and 8 days. I remember WW2 from about 1944 on. We had a big celebration when it ended and I remember the banners and parade. All the returning service people were honored. Made a huge imprssion on a 5 year old kid that stuck with me and made the decision for me to become one of them.
Thank you for your service
 
Thank you for sharing this....and thank you for you LONG service to our country. My husband, Dad, 4 brothers, and brother-in-law have all served but not nearly for as long as you. And only my husband saw war as a cobra helicopter pilot in Somalia. I can't begin to imagine what all you have seen and suffered. Again.....thank you.
Sue, tell them all thanks for their service
 
Before this day fades into history, largely forgotten by the agenda driven media, let me thank Fox News for their special program honoring those fallen.
Although I am not generally a Steven Spielberg fan, his mini-series "The Pacific" (2010) is worth watching.
And lastly, as one anecdote from that campaign, Admiral Keiji Shibazaki said of The Tarawa Atols, "It would take 1 million men 100 years to take this from us".
35,000 sailors, soldiers and Marines, took it in 3 days.
FWB
I don't think Ive watched that mini-series....but I'm going to put it on my list. I love historical dramas like this. Thanks for sharing.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,353
Messages
1,573,881
Members
169,869
Latest member
tropketvomi1988
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top