Czech Republic May 2026

Muskox

AH legend
Joined
Jun 1, 2013
Messages
2,264
Reaction score
3,178
Location
Germany
Media
18
Hunting reports
Africa
2
USA/Canada
1
Europe
4
Hunted
Australia, Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, Namibia, Slovenia, Spain, all over the United States
I just got home about an hour ago. I am trying to figure out flights to the USA for a relative on their deathbed. So I came home early .

I ended up with two bucks. I'll post photos of the bucks later or when I get back.

I don't want to guess on weight, I think 280-320 and 350-385. They have small skulls compared to my Hungarian bucks so maybe not that much.

I had a couple second opportunity across a valley on what was probably the biggest roe buck I have ever seen in my entire life. His girlfriend saved him, when she saw us and barked and he escaped. Was about a 280 yard shot, but I only had his neck. So I waited a second too many and didn't shoot. That was this morning.

First buck I got Friday night, it was the smaller buck. Still a nice buck by most areas. We worked about 15 or 20 bucks, to find this guy. Got him at absolute las light next to a pond. in some kind of swampy lands.

Saturday morning saw tons of deer did not have an opportunity on a shooter. Saw two nice bucks, but neither presented a shot.

Saturday night, we were driving down the road and there was a buck in the field. He says shoot now! So I did, and it was over. We must have seen another 15 bucks last night again, he was the only one I could make a connection on.

So lots of deer, like a lot of deer. Food was good, guide was nice. Kind of an easy trip.

About 7 hours there, should have been 6 but they never emailed me my vignette. I paid for it, and I couldn't find anyone to sell me another one on the trip so I stayed off the CZ autobahn.
 
I forgot I almost stepped on this cutie.

I never hunted this later for Maibock, so it was the first time seeing tons of fawns in the fields.

If you think whitetail and mule deer fawns are cute, this guy is smaller than chihuahua.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1232.jpeg
    IMG_1232.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 105
Who did you hunt with? I have a Czech Republic and Romania roe deer hunts next year in late May/early June
 
Trophy quality was good. Not saying CIC score, but big thick and tall. Regionally roe deer very in and out of the book depending on location and feed.
IMG_1223.jpeg
IMG_1227.jpeg
IMG_1232.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1230.jpeg
    IMG_1230.jpeg
    6.2 MB · Views: 95
Last edited:
.

Congratulations / Waidmannsheil ! Lot of character on the second buck. Did you age them ?

Well done.

.
 
I actually did not pay any attention at all to them. I once I get them cleaned up I will do a little bit of an inspection. I think the buck without the rifle is probably four or five and I think the heavy buck is probably seven or eight.
 
Now that I think about it, I’m probably wrong. I’ll take some good photos tonight when I get home I’m going to try and get them cleaned up tonight. The Mrs. has gone all afternoon so it’s a good time to get it done.
 
Interesting measurements from Czech (Southern Bohemia (Czech Kanada)) compared to Hungary (Lake Balaton area).

So my Czech bucks are both 20 cm long and 9 cm wide.

My Hungarian bucks are all 20.5 cm long and 10 cm wide.

Both old Hungarian bucks are 8.25-8 cm in the base.

The better CZ buck is 7.5 in the base and the smaller buck is 6.5

I think our German bucks are similar to bucks in CZ.

Colder wetter winters than Hungary.

For some reason I am told that English and Swedish bucks are bigger. But they have the same winters we have Germany if not slightly colder or wetter.

My German bucks are all in America at my dad's house. So I don't have any measurements to compare it to.

If you want a pretty buck, by all means come to Central Europe.

If you want a huge one Hungary, Romania, Spain, Sweden and South England.

Not an expert opinion, but this is what I am seeing.
IMG_1233.jpeg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,289
Messages
1,570,728
Members
168,996
Latest member
AndrewClarksonSS
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top