CZ Safari Classics II

Contact Wayne at AHR you get everything you could want in a DG rifle for about $6000.00

I’m in Europe so it’s not so easy

2017 CZ price list attached (US pricing)

http://cz-usa.com/product/safari-classics-magnum-express-rifle/

upload_2018-3-6_5-3-39.png

Attachments

• 2017 RETAIL Safari Classics Order Form.pdf
    52.5 KB · Views: 223
Ruger Fan, it's not the same rifle, this is a new model called Safari Classics II. According to CZ's web site it's available in 300H&H, 375H&H, 404 Jeffery, 416 Rigby and 458 Lott. I literally just got an email from the local distributor saying that these guns are "almost" custom made. CZ is supposed to display them at IWA Outdoor Classics at the end of this week, anybody planning a visit?

Jeffery bore is .423".

I recently ordered a barrel from Krieger for my 404 Jeff conversion project. The spec sheet says 0.413" bore and 0.424 groove.

upload_2018-3-6_7-54-14.png

Ruger Fan, it's not the same rifle, this is a new model called Safari Classics II. According to CZ's web site it's available in 300H&H, 375H&H, 404 Jeffery, 416 Rigby and 458 Lott. I literally just got an email from the local distributor saying that these guns are "almost" custom made. CZ is supposed to display them at IWA Outdoor Classics at the end of this week, anybody planning a visit?

Found this online describing the Classic II: https://www.czub.cz/en/produkty/kulovnice/magnum/cz-550-safari-classic-ii-matt-finish.html

Attachments

• Screenshot (296).png
    Screenshot (296).png
    137.5 KB · Views: 181
  • Screenshot (297).png
    Screenshot (297).png
    96.8 KB · Views: 172
Proper size of bullet is .423".
IMG_4500.JPG

Attachments

• Screenshot (298).png
    Screenshot (298).png
    414.1 KB · Views: 151
  • Screenshot (299).png
    Screenshot (299).png
    584.6 KB · Views: 153
  • Screenshot (300).png
    Screenshot (300).png
    340 KB · Views: 137
  • Screenshot (301).png
    Screenshot (301).png
    436.6 KB · Views: 155
I don't need to read it, you read it. I know the difference. All I said was the bullet diameter is .423 and it is. And besides different barrel makers have different dimensions, so while Kreiger might show one set of numbers, Douglas might show another or Shaw or Shilen, etc.

I don't need to read it, you read it. I know the difference. All I said was the bullet diameter is .423 and it is. And besides different barrel makers have different dimensions, so while Kreiger might show one set of numbers, Douglas might show another or Shaw or Shilen, etc.

Jeffery bore is .423".

Sir, I believe you actually wrote/stated the Jeffery bore is .423" and I believe that is incorrect. The term bore is somewhat misused by a lot of us, me included. When I first saw my Krieger invoice, I was initially concerned when I saw the bore was listed as 0.413". I figured Krieger knew what they were doing and checked the terminology and proper definition of groove and bore.

Sir, what I was mostly referring to was bullet diameter, sloppy of me. I saw the mention of .412 as bore size IN REFERENCE to how much barrel steel would be needed to bore out a smaller caliber to the Jeff. Well that being the case, while the "bore" size might be nominally .412 the cut to size dia is .423-.424 as noted, and for reboring jobs that is the critical number not the "bore" size, its more about how much steel did one start with. That was what I was referring to. Call it bore, lands or grooves, its still .423 bullets going down the tube.

That link that 375 Ruger Fan posted shows the new rifle but doesn't give the price as far as I can tell. Frustrating.

Sir, what I was mostly referring to was bullet diameter, sloppy of me. I saw the mention of .412 as bore size IN REFERENCE to how much barrel steel would be needed to bore out a smaller caliber to the Jeff. Well that being the case, while the "bore" size might be nominally .412 the cut to size dia is .423-.424 as noted, and for reboring jobs that is the critical number not the "bore" size, its more about how much steel did one start with. That was what I was referring to. Call it bore, lands or grooves, its still .423 bullets going down the tube.

I don’t know what you’re smoking, or drinking, but I’d lay off the stuff.

A 0.416” GROOVE will not be cleaned up by a 0.412” BORE, period.

I'm liking my CZ in 404Jeff more every day

I don’t know what you’re smoking, or drinking, but I’d lay off the stuff.

A 0.416” GROOVE will not be cleaned up by a 0.412” BORE, period.
Not sure what your problem is either. I didn't say anything about whether it would or wouldn't did I! o_O I was merely explaining to 375 the reason I posted the bullet diameter and groove diameter, though I did refer to it as bore size:eek:. Not sure why or how you read something else into it. Just looking to get your knickers in a twist today over something? You should read a fella's post more carefully:(.

So I was hoping it was a typo or mixup but the CZ dealer for Canada got back and it would be 7500 cad for a matte finish .404 Jeffery.

That’s practically double or more then double what the previous cz 550 .404s went for. I can understand they must of redesigned and it’s a higher quality and hand assembled but if I was gonna spend 7500 and save up and just by a heym express.

That’s too bad still on the search. Big gun show in two weekends. Hopefully I find something.

I’m trying to get hands on experience, there are some upcoming shows in my area so perhaps they’ll have one presented. As soon as I’ve handled the rifle I’ll post my thoughts. The price of a standard CZ 550 magnum over here is under 1000EUR so I’m guessing this is a very different gun although based on the same action. I was never too focused on brand names, to me if products are of comparable quality and price they are equal. Having said that this sure is a lot of money to spend on a CZ, none of their rifles that I’ve ever handled were “premium” products but than again they were priced accordingly. Gotta see that new rifle in real life to form an opinion but I am sceptical. This is literally within few hundred EUR of Rigby PH, and for one I prefer the look of Rigbys, though I haven’t handled one either.

Saw an advertised price in Sporting Rifle magazine today. GBP7999!

IMG_1722.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudeWjg34

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross