CZ 550 Safari in .375 H & H

I agree with @matt85 , although I know my M70 is a better rifle than my CZ 550 in 375 , the CZ just feels better and points better , don't get me wrong ,I wouldn't hesitate to hunt any creature with my M70 , I cant seem to put my finger on the reason , but my CZ just feels better.

Sure Witold will reply but the 602 is the Magnum length action(My 375 also on a 602) , 600 is short action (308 etc) & 601 (270 / 30-06).
I know but that does not mean he could not have a custom 375 built on ZKK600. Which really was my question because I always wanted to do that myself. Alas, now that I have a Whitworth on the Zastava action, that need/want subsided a bit. :D

You'll like the CZ in 375H&H. Mine right out of the box had no issues. The problem you will have is you'll want to go by her big sister in 458 Lott just in case she does give you an issue will out in the bush. You'll then want the romantic African calibers and find yourself ordering a custom paid pair in 7x57 and 9.3x62. And when you get those you'll just have to bite the bullet one day and get a double 600NE because that "one more safari" you promised your wife would be the last deserves to be completed with that new double.

All the best with the future scheming!

R.
HAHA......you read my mind..i'm sure it will!!! i will undoubtledy purchase the "big sister" and my bucket list of things i must have does involve a double .470 NE....At least my wife is understanding....she indulges me by watching hunting videos with me and also pilfers my Sports Afield magazines from time to time.....

Sure Witold will reply but the 602 is the Magnum length action(My 375 also on a 602) , 600 is short action (308 etc) & 601 (270 / 30-06).
I agree with you JacqesVR but ZKK600 is standard action and ZKK601 is short action.
All the best.
Witold

Last edited:
I know but that does not mean he could not have a custom 375 built on ZKK600. Which really was my question because I always wanted to do that myself. Alas, now that I have a Whitworth on the Zastava action, that need/want subsided a bit. :D
My rifle Mauser M98 in 375 H&H magnum is standard action.
Witold

My rifle Mauser M98 in 375 H&H magnum is standard action.
Witold
Yup. And I like how it handles compared to the magnum actions. The ZKK600 is pretty much the same size as the standard Mauser but since they already come in 30-06 magazine box length/size, less work is needed to make them work with longer cartridges like the 375, compared to the ?x57 Mauser magazine boxes.

I have a 550 in 375 H&H and one in 404 Jeffery. No issues. Cycles fine and I took a nice buffalo in Zimbabwe in 2011 with the 375. I like the weight, the cross-bolts, and feel. I put warne detachable mounts on both. One carries a Leupold the other Zeiss.

I have that exact rifle and never had a problem with it and is probably my favorite gun to shoot. The action is smooth as glass never had a feeding issue and is dead on accurate. I believe this misconception comes from the large bore CZ's like in 505 or 458. My understanding is they may need a little work but the 375's are wonderful. I had the same concern going in but I'm glad I bought it and love that rifle.

Yup. And I like how it handles compared to the magnum actions. The ZKK600 is pretty much the same size as the standard Mauser but since they already come in 30-06 magazine box length/size, less work is needed to make them work with longer cartridges like the 375, compared to the ?x57 Mauser magazine boxes.
You're right Milan.
In both cases (Mauser M98 and ZKK600), you must modify the box magazine.
Witold

Hi Milan.
My sugestion for ZKK600 is caliber 9,3x62.
There is no need to modify anything.
Witold

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petervolt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?