COVID-19 Quarantine

Tracey Colson

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Wife had a positive Covid test, work said i couldn't come in for fourteen days and I have no way to work from home. Lucky for me Wyoming deer season is still open and I have a tag that I was kinda saving for later. Dont know if a better way to spend my quarantine than in places like this.

Hope everyone is healthy and sane in this crazy world.

16039917496398175675361453760576.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful scenery!! How did the hunt go? I find myself currently in the same situation...my wife is positive right now as well. Running out of things to keep me occupied around the house at the moment but I do have some deer tags left. We have a Christmas hunt coming up here this weekend for three days and a lot of bow season left. Thinking I’m gonna head to the national forest this afternoon with the bow and do some scouting for this weekend...who knows maybe I’ll find something. I have three doe tags and one buck tag left but I’m saving the buck tag for one I have located on the farm. Hoping to see him this weekend.

Hope everyone got over the sickness ok btw.

Reactions: WAB
Everybody recovered just fine, wife only had some really mild symptoms and I never had any at all. The hunt was good, did not get anything during my quarantine time, but put some miles on my boots and probably saw some ground I would not have seen had I been working and just had weekends to hunt. Blessed to live where I do, this is only about 5 miles the way the crow flies from my house, and is a piece of walk in ground. I did end up getting a deer, not the one I was looking for, but will be super good eating.

That is certainly good news with the recovery! And a great way to kill quarantine time! What I wouldn't give for the opportunity to tramp around the foothills of the Bighorns again after deer! Doesn't get any better for mule deer spot and stalk. You are blessed to live there. Fond memories from around Greybull, Shell and Ten Sleep.:)

Last edited:
Hopefully my expedition this evening will pay off...I should’ve taken a couple pics but I took my climbing stand and walked for a ways until I found what looked to be a heavy trafficked area next to an old pond secluded a long ways from any entrances into the woodland...kinda made me wonder how it came to be way out there in the woods like that. Anyways I found a nice pine tree with no branches for a ways and climbed up in. About an hr before dark I had 7 does walking between about 20-50 yards from me and there’s a nice rock hill overlooking the area perfectly about 75 yards away. I had my bow and several doe tags but I got to thinking about the Christmas hunt coming up and us being quarantined...my daughter has finally decided that she wants to try going hunting with me and this seems like a good spot to put her on her first deer. I watched them mill around until well after they left the area before I got down so not to spook them and plan on bringing her here Saturday evening as the weather here looks nice for hunting this weekend. Hopefully she gets her first. Off we are tomorrow to let her shoot the rifle some in preparation. Can’t think of a better way to all be quarantined together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hi88vipsite

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg