COVID-19 Coronavirus UPDATES, BANS, CLOSURES, ADVISORY, etc.

Oregon’s first confirmed case was in a school about 3 miles away. All the kids sent home, after the school worker was diagnosed, the cat’s out of the bag here. So we’ll soon see what this is all about.

Anyone remember SARS, swine flu, bird flu? Nope.
I don't remember SARS but I've said the same thing to my family. "They said the swine flu was gonna kill us all. Nope. They said the bird flu was gonna kill us all. Nope. Mad cow disease, ebola, the zika virus, all of those were gonna be the end of the world. Nope." And yes, China's got a LOT of people dead, but this is a country with terrible healthcare for your average person, where they still treat with useless quack "Chinese Medicine" because they don't have sufficient legitimate medicine, and where there is so much damn air pollution that the majority of the population is likely to have pre-existing respiratory issues that this virus would make worse, plus average sanitation and food quality is probably pretty low compared to most Western nations. No wonder their death toll is so high.

Is Africa immune or inept?

ESCm3pHWkAAFyya

Attachments

• ESCm3pHWkAAFyya.jpg
    ESCm3pHWkAAFyya.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 102

ESCm3pHWkAAFyya
I think that if I was living in Africa and had lived through the rampant malaria, Ebola outbreaks, and the rest of the tropical diseases one hears about, I wouldn't so worried about the coronavirus. But that's just me.

I think that if I was living in Africa and had lived through the rampant malaria, Ebola outbreaks, and the rest of the tropical diseases one hears about, I wouldn't so worried about the coronavirus. But that's just me.

I agree, unless I was one of the 15% that required hospitalization and a respirator. Will my chances of living be better if I can get IV hydration or fluid drained from my lungs. Would I prefer that to be done in Maputo or Peoria.

........The seasonal flu requires around 1% of those infected to go to the hospital. It looks like COVID 19 may require around 15% of those infected to go to the hospital. With a significant number requiring a respirator. This has the potential to overload the medical facilities of first world countries...... .

In Northern Italy. Will this be the Pacific NW in a couple weeks.

Luca Dellanna
@DellAnnaLuca

·
Feb 29

Replying to
@DellAnnaLuca
The Lombardy equiv. of the minister of Health, 5 days ago: "in Lombardy no problem with the number of hospital beds". Today: "the hospital beds [in this hospital] are not enough anymore […] even the ICU beds are saturated […] we're working on expanding our capacity to react."

In Lombardy they're delaying non-urgent surgeries and are re-hiring retired nurses and doctors. Bergamo Lodi & Cremona are out of beds.

Attachments

• vxNH3Ymj_bigger.jpg
    vxNH3Ymj_bigger.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 91
Last edited by a moderator:
I've been wondering why the US Surgeon General hasn't been front and center on the news and response to COVID19. Where is C. Everett Koop when we need him??

I did find this, where the current US SG (BTW, his name is Jerome Adams) is saying buying masks is not going to protect yourself. Gloves are better than masks.

(1) great charting by Johns Hopkins (2) if it takes off in San Antonio you can blame the CDC, who let go a lady who tested positive and then went to a very large and popular shopping mall food court and an airport hotel. She is now back in quarantine. And the mall is closed for 24 hours to clean it. (3) perfect example of government incompetence.

The government does not have a great track record for being trusted, especially when it comes to infectious diseases. This even more so if you are a minority and remember the Tuskegee syphilis experiments.

With that said, there are times when the American people need to turn off the politicians and the talking heads on the news and listen to scientists and medical professionals. I am sick of the ignorance regarding scientific fact. Gone are the days when if you did not fully understand something, you would go to a library and do some research and educate yourself. But people are too lazy and would rather sit on their couch and just accept what they are told from whomever shares their political point of view and can say what they want to hear in a simple enough way that they can comprehend.

If there were ever a time to get behind a government organization, it would be now. Losing millions of citizens, especially our elderly, due to the willful ignorance of the sedate masses is unacceptable. And as I said before, we need now more than ever to be taking global health and infectious disease communication, coordination, and control seriously because of the incredibly unpredictable nature of viral mutations and the fact that the planet and the fact that China is a rogue virus nation. We should be going to the UN right now, getting all countries to bring together their best experts, and come up with a plan to confront the threat of China, not only to deal with this virus, but the next one and the one after that. This is not a problem that is going to go away with wishful thinking.

This is getting interesting, and brings to mind the days after 9/11 - I was living in NYC - and the head of the EPA was telling anyone who listened that the air around World Trade was safe. We all knew it was total bullshit. We had an NYFD captain who worked at our townhouse doing handyman renovations, and he was coughing and his buddies were sick and many ultimately died. I have no idea if the corona virus is a total killer or not, but I am strongly biased against believing what I hear without checking it out, or if I think it defies common sense. Does government lie? Well, I believe it was Sen. Hiram Johnson who long ago said that the first casualty of war is truth.

I see there are some cases in Los Angeles. I expect the big blow-out is going to involve homeless in either or both Seattle and LA. Once the virus gets on the street it's going to be a major problem but it probably will provide a solution to the problem of the homeless living on the street.

. . . there are times when the American people need to turn off the politicians and the talking heads on the news and listen to scientists and medical professionals. I am sick of the ignorance regarding scientific fact. . .

See my post above about the scientists from the CDC. Who let someone go from quarantine while waiting on results, which turned out to be positive. So much for the scientists.

Is t it goi g to be interesting to see if this changes the dialogue on the border wall?!

The fear is worse than the virus.

What I don't understand is why the north of Italy is so affected.
As of today 149 dead there, in Germany (still) not a single one.

ESCm3pHWkAAFyya

Apparently Covid 19 can’t survive outside the body at temperatures greater than 24 Celsius. Not many places in Africa at the moment that aren’t warmer than that by some stretch so that may explain it. They did flag one guy here in SA that tested positive on return from Italy and have isolated him and all who came into contact with him.

Apparently Covid 19 can’t survive outside the body at temperatures greater than 24 Celsius.

That would be 75.2 degrees F for the rest of us. Which could be a reason why it's doing so well in Puget Sound area of Washington State. The temp there won't get above 75 for another couple months.

Apparently Covid 19 can’t survive outside the body at temperatures greater than 24 Celsius. Not many places in Africa at the moment that aren’t warmer than that by some stretch so that may explain it. They did flag one guy here in SA that tested positive on return from Italy and have isolated him and all who came into contact with him.

It would appear that the virus hasn't been informed of this in india...Singapore...Australia...etc.....

Hopefully you are correct. Can you please cite your source?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanRigby4

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you