Cost of a stand Golden Wildebeest mount

Discussion in 'Taxidermy' started by zenbear, Dec 16, 2018.

1. zenbear

zenbear AH Veteran

Member of:
    Touched by the hand of God
    Hunted:
    USA, RSA , Canada
    Hi All,
    I am wondering how much would it cost to do a full standing mount of a golden wildebeest. It doesn't have to be exact, a ballpark figure is good enough. I am planning a trip. Most folks overlook the cost of after the hunt. While exciting can run into some serious money. It is always good to know what you are getting into before you get there.

thanks-Jerry

2. JimP

JimP AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA, RMEF
    Hunted:
    US (Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Colorado, Nevada. Canada (British Colombia), South Africa (Eastern Cape)
    Just check with your taxidermist here in the states. I will be around the same amount that you would pay for a full size whitetail but less than a full size elk.

3. Bhfs300

Bhfs300 AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    USA Canada South Africa New Zealand
    Check with Dennis at @The Artistry of Wildlife.
    That would be your best life size mount of an animal like a golden wildebeest. If you are going to shoot a Custom Color have it done right.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2018

4. gizmo

gizmo AH ENABLER SPONSOR Since 2015 AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA Life Member, DSC Life Member, SCI Life Member, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
    Hunted:
    Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
    $6500 plus tax and shipping and I'll knock it out of the park for you.

MAdcox and Mark Biggerstaff like this.

5. The Artistry of Wildlife

The Artistry of Wildlife SPONSOR Since 2014 AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Namibia, Zimbabwe,Botswana,Tajikastan, Mozambique, Zsmbia, South Africa, Canada, England, Kyrgyzstan
    Zen bear Your going to get a cheap price in Africa around 4000 but have BIG shopping cost on crate.
    Golden Wildebeest are really Blue Wildebeest off color, They are twice the size of whitetail Jim , Truly more Elk size. The blacks are similar to whitetail size, Big whitetail. They only make a couple forms for these so knowledge of anatomy and altering for YOUR POSE is quite important. IE running, leaping or whatever you pic to do. We don't show you forms in books and tell you what you can get. We mount what YOU want not whats avail. Your looking at a total from where you are to your door, if you can make arrangements to have us ship to a business address near you with a loading dock or hi lo available ( cheaper , much cheaper than residential delivery) with a pod base of habitat in for $7,500 total. I have done THOUSANDS and Thousands of African animals over 40 years doing this. Check out my Facebook age with over 6,500 pictures of my work and studio. I do all the work in my studio, hands on each piece and the demand for my work is incredible. My wait time IS 12 to 18 Months right now. I am not advertising much these days as I am trying to reduce the wait time and I have tons of work. Within the year I will have wait time if all works out down to 12 months. Would be happy to work with you and create a STUNNING piece for you that will drop you jaw and your buddies.

Bhfs300 and Limcroma Safaris like this.

6. smokepole

smokepole AH Member

Member of:
    nra life member
    Hunted:
    south africa, Zimbabwe, AK, VA, TN, NM, CO KS, SD, MT (USA)
    Call Dennis at @The Artistry of Wildlife. Beautiful work at fair price. Easy to work with. Smokepole in Virginia. Good luck Dennis.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2018