Controlled feed and fixed magazines

@Cervus elaphus
I dont know nowdays the quality control standard of theirs. Or, has it improved lately.
In post 1990 models, fit and finish was degraded. Most common issue was missalligned drill and tap, for scope base. Sometimes, problems with feeding, first round from full mag. rough bolt, etc. Sometimes, and sometimes no issue, good to go out of box..

However, if mauser98, fixed mag, is the order od the day, even with some minor gunsmithing and debugging, there is nothing that cant be fixed. So zastava definetly is an option.
 
@Cervus elaphus
I dont know nowdays the quality control standard of theirs. Or, has it improved lately.
In post 1990 models, fit and finish was degraded. Most common issue was missalligned drill and tap, for scope base. Sometimes, problems with feeding, first round from full mag. rough bolt, etc. Sometimes, and sometimes no issue, good to go out of box..

However, if mauser98, fixed mag, is the order od the day, even with some minor gunsmithing and debugging, there is nothing that cant be fixed. So zastava definetly is an option.
Any rifle that I acquired regardless of make, goes straight to the gunsmith. Can put up with minor stuff but never with feeding. Cheers
 
I really feel sorry for you guys. Now imagine being Left Handed. I have been lucky and snagged a Dakota 416 Rigby LH that shoots lights out and 2 LH Winchesters in 375 H&H.
 
I really feel sorry for you guys. Now imagine being Left Handed. I have been lucky and snagged a Dakota 416 Rigby LH that shoots lights out and 2 LH Winchesters in 375 H&H.
@jdemocko.
If I was you I wouldn't buy any lotto tickets you used up your luck getting those beautiful rifles.
Congratulations.
Bob
 
What? There were rifles made after the 1940s? But seriously- I was in another town and saw a pawn shop/gun shop with a sign that said “More than 500 Guns”. I had to go in for a look. Not one 98 Mauser, 1903 Springfield, or 1917 Enfield. What the heck???
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,277
Messages
1,570,380
Members
168,878
Latest member
ribilmeri1979
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top