Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
SA, NZ, Montana, Maryland , Georgia , Mississippi, USA
Do I need to contact Delta Airlines to inform them that my son and I will be bringing guns on our flight to Johannesburg SA in September?
I think I did in 2017 and 2019 .

No need to contact Delta beforehand sir..

You will need to declare your weapons at the check-in counter. The ticket agent will have you open your case, show that the weapons are unloaded, and then require you to sign a form affirming the weapons are unloaded. Then, depending on the airport, you will be directed to TSA or wait for TSA to come to you to inspect the weapons and case. You will need to remain there until the inspection is complete and re-lock your own case before they send it on it's way. This could take 5 minutes or an hour depending on the airport. Give yourself plenty of time just in case.

Upon re-entry to the USA, you will need to claim your guns at the US Customs office in the airport of your first point of entry into the USA. Then you will re-check your weapons domestically as you did for your initial departure.

I do when traveling internationally. I just don’t want anything to mess something up.

When traveling domestically, I do not tell them before and have never had problems either way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb527023

Latest profile posts

Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.