Considering a O/U 12 bore game gun...but which one?

Browning Citori or Superposed if you want to spend more

I have a Benelli M2 and use it for waterfowl. My other shotguns are Browning Citoris. I shoot Brownings well and can’t shoot Berettas for crap. They just don’t feel right. Shotgun shooting is instinctive and the shotgun has to fit you properly.

If you want a really good clays gun I would look at Perazzis. I've a number of Perazzi 'pigeon guns' and they are extremely durable, handle beautifully and are mid-range expensive. I currently own an MX20 in 20 BORE (29-1/2" bbls) and it is a wand.
MX-201LO.jpg

A little stretch of the legs and we found ourselves at Cove Creek Outfitters in Bedford, PA. There I was able to try several O/U and SxS shotguns from many of the top makers including Rizzini, Perazzi, Beretta and of course Blaser. Was there ever any doubt what I'd end up with?

With the help of the staff at Cove Creek Outfitters (mostly Bob, but Erik as well) I'm the proud owner of a Blaser F3 with 30" barrels. I tried several models with various ribs and barrel lengths...this is the one that fit me. Comes up to the eye naturally and triggers so crisp they need to be felt to be believed. Can't say enough good things about all the people at Cove Creek Outfitters, wonderful people there. They will have both myself and my wife back as customers.

PS - It turns out I lied about the wood, I love it. Can't explain it, I just do. But it won't stop me from taking it into the fields and hunting with it.

EDIT - I tried to get some pictures of the timber in the daylight, but it's fading fast. Planning on going to the clays range for a tryout tomorrow. Maybe Mrs BeeMaa will be kind enough to snap a few pics of this beauty in action.

1635026673689.png

Last edited:
I’m not surprised, but I kinda wish you had picked a non Blaser. :E Shrug: I hope you enjoy it, it is lovely. If you ever make it to the Bluegrass, hit me up and we’ll go to Elk Creek Hunt Club for some sporting clays.

I’m not surprised, but I kinda wish you had picked a non Blaser. :E Shrug: I hope you enjoy it, it is lovely. If you ever make it to the Bluegrass, hit me up and we’ll go to Elk Creek Hunt Club for some sporting clays.
Very kind of you. Same goes for you in Northern Virginia. Love to have someone around to show me how to shoot this thing.

Beautiful wish I could afford a gun like that, perhaps if I can get fitted to a gun and pay one off some day.

I can see a very nicely figured stock on it even in fading light - I bet it is a real beauty!

A little stretch of the legs and we found ourselves at Cove Creek Outfitters in Bedford, PA. There I was able to try several O/U and SxS shotguns from many of the top makers including Rizzini, Perazzi, Beretta and of course Blaser. Was there ever any doubt what I'd end up with?

With the help of the staff at Cove Creek Outfitters (mostly Bob, but Erik as well) I'm the proud owner of a Blaser F3 with 30" barrels. I tried several models with various ribs and barrel lengths...this is the one that fit me. Comes up to the eye naturally and triggers so crisp they need to be felt to be believed. Can't say enough good things about all the people at Cove Creek Outfitters, wonderful people there. They will have both myself and my wife back as customers.

PS - It turns out I lied about the wood, I love it. Can't explain it, I just do. But it won't stop me from taking it into the fields and hunting with it.

EDIT - I tried to get some pictures of the timber in the daylight, but it's fading fast. Planning on going to the clays range for a tryout tomorrow. Maybe Mrs BeeMaa will be kind enough to snap a few pics of this beauty in action.

View attachment 432626
I have three. They’re awesome

I have three. They’re awesome
Damn. I take it for competition? We have a friend who shoots competition and has a few, but I'm not sure how many stocks and barrel sets total. His are are beautifully engraved in different themes, while mine wears the basic black. Love for you to share a picture.

A friend of mine has an F16 and loves it. I tried it, it is very nice but felt a bit light compared to my sporting clays gun. I looked it up and it is 7oz lighter.

View attachment 432626
That is a truly lovely thing. I am confident it will shoot.

Congratulations, great choice!

View attachment 432626
What a beautiful piece, looks absolutely fantastic and I’m equally happy to know it’ll be showing off it’s beauty in the field instead of living as a safe queen! Congratulations and it had to be a Blaser! Hard to beat proven!

Not a great day at the clays range, but I'm not overly concerned about it. Shot 2 games of wobble trap with MOD & IM...14/25 and 18/25. Started getting it sorted out towards the end of the first game, noticeable improvement on the second. Chose not to push it...just relax and let it come to me. Probably need to spend a little time at the patterning board to see exactly where I'm hitting. Felt better than either Beretta, coming up much more naturally. Typical day at wobble for me is 18-22/25 with the SBE2 and was 16-20/25 with the Berettas. Getting used to swinging 30" tubes with a shotgun that weighs 7.75# is going to take a little time. Next time I'll head to the sporting clays range.

Mrs BeeMaa snapped this one at the range. If I don't shoot well, at least the gun looks good loosing.
1635093924399.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudeWjg34

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross