Connecting through Amsterdam

Fordchn

New member
Joined
Jan 28, 2019
Messages
4
Reaction score
3
Location
Atlanta
Hey guys,
I searched the forums but didn't turn up any recent information.
I'm headed to RSA in June, but Delta just canceled my direct flight. We are now connecting through Amsterdam. Reading through old posts, it looks like AMS traditionally confiscates your broadheads. Has anyone been through recently? Is the best option to ship them ahead of time?
There seem to be quite a few horror stories about bowhunters traveling through AMS, and the general consensus is to to avoid it altogether. Thanks for any insights.
 
The law has not changed, nor will it any time soon.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TAKE BROADHEADS THROUGH THE NETHERLANDS. PERIOD.

I have always chosen an alternate route.
 
I went through Amsterdam in January with a bow. No choice, that's where the flights were working then. I left my broadheads at home and got in touch with my outfitter and found out what he could get in RSA. I had him get me some Slick Trick Magnums in 125, one of my favorite. Done. They may not have quite the selection of the US in RSA but there are others your outfitter can find for you if needed.

I went through Amsterdam with zero issues this way.
 
I went through Amsterdam in January with a bow. No choice, that's where the flights were working then. I left my broadheads at home and got in touch with my outfitter and found out what he could get in RSA. I had him get me some Slick Trick Magnums in 125, one of my favorite. Done. They may not have quite the selection of the US in RSA but there are others your outfitter can find for you if needed.

I went through Amsterdam with zero issues this way.
Thanks Ryan. I was looking at shipping as well.
Unfortunately I'm stuck with this route with Delta.
 
Thanks Ryan. I was looking at shipping as well.
Unfortunately I'm stuck with this route with Delta.
Yep, same thing happened with me. So, you make it work. I don't know how fast things ship there so I'd suggest shipping a few weeks prior. If it shows, great. If it gets lost or postponed get your outfitter to pick some up. Good luck.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,347
Messages
1,573,642
Members
169,780
Latest member
Isidro
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top