Complete Reference Library Getting Ready For Your First Safari

rookhawk

Silver supporter
AH ambassador
Joined
Mar 4, 2015
Messages
10,442
Reaction score
30,979
Location
Wisconsin, behind the cheddar curtain
Media
153
Articles
4
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
I got these books in preparation for my first safari. By rough math, they are worth around $467.00 at current values. $300.00 shipped free (in lower 48 states) takes the entire collection. These are the must-read books for Africa including the three seminal works on African rifles that you need to know. Lastly, there is Doctari's book "The Perfect Shot" which you'll need to study very closely to learn the vitals of African game. Several are out of print. Two are leather bound editions.

The titles are:

Robert Ruark
The Lost Classics
Hard Back with Dust Jacket
MSRP $30.00

Kevin Robertson
The Perfect Shot
Hard Back with Dust Jacket
Presently on Amazon new from $294.00
Used prices around $85.00

Peter Hathaway Capstick
Death in the Long Grass
Hard Back with Dust Jacket
MSRP $27.00

Craig Boddington
Safari Rifles II
Hard Back with Dust Jacket
MSRP $50.00

Elmer Keith
Big Game Rifles and Cartridges
Limited Edition 608 of 1500
Half Leather Binding
Silk Ribbon
Pages Gilt
Used prices around $150.00

John “Pondoro” Taylor
African Rifles and Cartridges
Limited edition
Green Leather with raised bands and 22-karat gold gilt decorative border on boards. All edges gilt. Silk end pages.
Silk ribbon
Used prices around $125.00


$467.00+ worth of books


$300.00 free shipping in lower 48 states

IMG_0492.JPG
IMG_0493.JPG
IMG_0494.JPG
IMG_0495.JPG
IMG_0496.JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Liquidating your collection or just unloading some excess?
 
700 hunting and natural history volumes I've amassed since I was ten years old. I can spare the intro to Africa section. :) They were pretty hard to find when I got started so I thought someone on here would appreciate owning the "required reading" for them to plan their first safari properly.
 
Do you still have these?
 
And some of these are limited additions.
 
Should be good reading, I managed to talk rookhawk into selling them to me before he left on a hunt
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,355
Messages
1,573,992
Members
169,880
Latest member
LunaXофициальныйсайт
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top