Comparing costs

Tokoloshe Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2017
AH legend
Joined
Apr 8, 2016
Messages
2,553
Reaction score
8,529
Location
Mlibizi, Zimbabwe
Website
www.tokoloshesafaris.info
Deals & offers
25
Media
88
Articles
2
Member of
Life Member Safari International, Life Members Dallas Safari Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Tanzania
This means little, but I looked at cost of Mc Donald happy meal in Calif. about $6.00 in South Africa about $2.00.

I just wanted to compare some food price. Beer and liquor much cheaper.

Lon
 
This means little, but I looked at cost of Mc Donald happy meal in Calif. about $6.00 in South Africa about $2.00.

I just wanted to compare some food price. Beer and liquor much cheaper.

Lon

That is true, but the cost to get to SA is the killer.

I just might have to schedule a hunt just so that I can get a cheaper happy meal.
 
We know where most of added cost comes from “minimum wage labor.

Like you said it is a long ways to fly to save $4.00. I would recommend you bring a friend. Save $8.00. Then go hunting.

Lon
 
We know where most of added cost comes from “minimum wage labor.

Like you said it is a long ways to fly to save $4.00. I would recommend you bring a friend. Save $8.00. Then go hunting.

Lon

I'll make the sacrifice and be the tag-a-long even buy breakfast.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
 
Have a bud who moved to California a few years ago. Said he was going to make double. He moved back after his one year lease was up. There's a reason taxpayers are leaving the state. The irony is they bring their fkd up taxaholic, liberal way of thinking with them.
 
It is unbelievable the added costs in the USA when you visit a pub for a burger and fries. In RSA or Zim prices are still reasonable for anyone earning and using the US dollar.

In Zim most PHs furnish there own equipment and make about $250.00. A good tracker $25.00. Both work about a 12hr.+ day. A fast food worker in th US working a 12 hr. day. My Dr. will come and spend 2 or 3 days when askef how much we owe him including prescription and medical supplies. We give him anywhere
$500.00 to $ 1,000.00 you would have thought we bought him a new car.

Appreciate the labor costs in parts of africa, I know I do. Or just till me to piss off.

Lon
 
I wonder what the cost comparison of fuel looks like. . .
 
I think my filet dinner at Africa Sky cost me 1/4 of what it would in the US after conversion. I have a receipt somewhere. Food prices overall were fantastic. I think the most expensive place I ate was in OR Tambo.

I noticed that physical goods (especially imports) seemed pricey or on par with US. The paradox reminds me of Mexico. Food and labor cheap, but goods and fuel are pricey (especially tech goods). TV’s in Mexico are way more expensive than in the US.

The exchange rates favor us heavily though. Getting $1k in Rand made me feel like a damned drug dealer. Most paranoid I have ever been.
 
IMG_9918.jpeg

IMG_9919.jpeg

Been going down google rabbit holes for awhile now. The article in the second photo explains the rising cost of food for South Africans and why fuel not so much-
Lots of variables to include in prices of McDonald’s “food” or USA fuel vs. South Africa port cities, inland cities, proximity to refineries etc.
We will be there in 2025 but not eating at McDonald unless they serve eland!
 
Last edited:
This means little, but I looked at cost of Mc Donald happy meal in Calif. about $6.00 in South Africa about $2.00.

I just wanted to compare some food price. Beer and liquor much cheaper.

Lon
Lon I wonder if grocery prices have the same percentage spread? That happy meal includes a very labor cost in Comifornia.

Our food prices are heavily effected by diesel fuel and labor costs. Although farm gate prices are generally up from where they were, I don't think they are currently up anywhere near as much as end product prices to the consumer as those final prices include considerable processing, transportation, and profit by many companies between the farmer and consumers.

It is really great to see you posting random things like this;) My hope is that this means you are feeling better!
 
BOSTON (AP) — Drivers for Uber (UBER) and Lyft (LYFT) will earn a minimum pay standard of $32.50 per hour under a settlement announced Thursday by Massachusetts Attorney General Andrea Campbell, in a deal that also includes a suite of benefits and protections.

The two companies will also be required to pay a combined $175 million to the state to resolve allegations that the companies violated Massachusetts wage and hour laws, a substantial majority of which will be distributed to current and former drivers.

 
In Phoenix Phils’ current report he mentions the breakfast buffet in City Lodge costing about $10. I remember this as being a good buffet and at that price exceptional.
Try getting a buffet breakfast in the states for that same price! Especially if you must take an uber to the restaurant !
 
It is not just South Africa. In Spain a long the Camino de Santiago route, a 3 course meal with a bottle of wine varies between 12 and 20!euros, tax and tip included.
 
BOSTON (AP) — Drivers for Uber (UBER) and Lyft (LYFT) will earn a minimum pay standard of $32.50 per hour under a settlement announced Thursday by Massachusetts Attorney General Andrea Campbell, in a deal that also includes a suite of benefits and protections.

The two companies will also be required to pay a combined $175 million to the state to resolve allegations that the companies violated Massachusetts wage and hour laws, a substantial majority of which will be distributed to current and former drivers.

Aren’t Uber drivers essentially independent contractors? How does a minimum wage or benefits remotely apply to them?
 
My outfitter told me they expect fuel to go up this month in RSA. They were less than pleased with it.
 
When comparing costs for major investments or long-term purchases, it is easy to focus only on the initial price tag. However, a true financial comparison requires looking at the "opportunity cost"—the amount of money you could have earned if that capital remained invested elsewhere. Whether you are choosing between different loan providers or deciding between buying and leasing, calculating the long-term impact of interest rates is essential for making an informed decision.

To get a precise understanding of how your money behaves over time, you should analyze the potential growth of your savings alongside your expenses. Using a zinseszinsrechner online allows you to compare different financial paths by visualizing how compound interest affects your total wealth. This technical approach ensures that you aren't just looking at the surface-level price, but are instead choosing the option that best supports your long-term financial health.
Reported
 
Have a bud who moved to California a few years ago. Said he was going to make double. He moved back after his one year lease was up. There's a reason taxpayers are leaving the state. The irony is they bring their fkd up taxaholic, liberal way of thinking with them.
I wish I could like this 100x. Leave that shit out there where it didn’t work to begin with!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,300
Messages
1,572,071
Members
169,488
Latest member
SharynPico
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top