Close Encounters with Elephants in Namibia

dwerner

AH enthusiast
Joined
Dec 2, 2009
Messages
317
Reaction score
7
Deals & offers
6
Media
2
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia
Hi all

I just came back from a 6 week stint in southern Africa where amongst other activities I guided a group of students for 3 weeks in Namibia. One of the activities was to search for elephants and study their behaviour. We found a herd of elephants and some bulls and came much closer than anticipated (see pictures). These were wild elephants and they are not being fed.

Werner

watermark.php


watermark.php
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool Werner! Where in Namibia were these pictures taken?
 
Ha, that's my little secret. No, that was in the Ugab River in Damaraland in the NW part of Namibia. That was really close, just a couple of yards between us. The one elephant nearly touched the front of the vehicle.
 
Werner,

Cool little pachy LOL , not everyday do you experience such moments. it must have have been great ...

Monish
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,363
Messages
1,574,231
Members
169,975
Latest member
DFFSFSF2026
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top