Cleaning brass

How do you find they work? Have seen these on the self. Do they get into the primer pockets to clean? That would be my only concern.
That's what I use too, and I really like it. Sometimes a pin will lodge crosswise in a case but it's no biggie to get it out. It really scours out the primer pockets.
 
Rock tumbler and stainless pins for me

Did you find you needed to lubricate the little rollers that support the drum? When I first used it the bushings seemed to cause a lot of drag until I added little dab of lubricant. Otherwise, its a neat machine.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
How do you find they work? Have seen these on the self. Do they get into the primer pockets to clean? That would be my only concern.

I really like using the pins and rock tumbler over the traditional vibrating tumblers. Having used both methods I prefer the pins. Both pins and traditional media can get stuck inside your brass but I find that it is less frequent with pins and the pins are very easy to remove(usually a shake or a tap) from inside the brass. Pins also clean the primer pockets so no cleaning primer pockets with a brush anymore. I will add the one thing I consider to be a disadvantage with pins over traditional media is, once the brass is finished tumbling and is removed from the tumbler it needs to dry. The reason is the brass is not added straight to the tumbler with the pins. You add water to the tumbler with a detergent (I use Lemi Shine) to help get them squeaky clean. To dry the brass you can either sit the outside in the sun or I will put them in a pan I place in the oven for a few minutes on a low setting.
Pins may not be for everyone and traditional media still does a fine job. This is just my opinion and what I prefer to use
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,413
Members
169,565
Latest member
LoreneDand
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top