Cleaning brass

How do you find they work? Have seen these on the self. Do they get into the primer pockets to clean? That would be my only concern.
That's what I use too, and I really like it. Sometimes a pin will lodge crosswise in a case but it's no biggie to get it out. It really scours out the primer pockets.
 
Rock tumbler and stainless pins for me

Did you find you needed to lubricate the little rollers that support the drum? When I first used it the bushings seemed to cause a lot of drag until I added little dab of lubricant. Otherwise, its a neat machine.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
How do you find they work? Have seen these on the self. Do they get into the primer pockets to clean? That would be my only concern.

I really like using the pins and rock tumbler over the traditional vibrating tumblers. Having used both methods I prefer the pins. Both pins and traditional media can get stuck inside your brass but I find that it is less frequent with pins and the pins are very easy to remove(usually a shake or a tap) from inside the brass. Pins also clean the primer pockets so no cleaning primer pockets with a brush anymore. I will add the one thing I consider to be a disadvantage with pins over traditional media is, once the brass is finished tumbling and is removed from the tumbler it needs to dry. The reason is the brass is not added straight to the tumbler with the pins. You add water to the tumbler with a detergent (I use Lemi Shine) to help get them squeaky clean. To dry the brass you can either sit the outside in the sun or I will put them in a pan I place in the oven for a few minutes on a low setting.
Pins may not be for everyone and traditional media still does a fine job. This is just my opinion and what I prefer to use
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,268
Messages
1,570,118
Members
168,844
Latest member
ErikaEyler
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top