CITES 19 Namibia Voices

NamStay

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
In advance of the 2019 CITES meeting, four Namibian conservationists discuss why the voices of rural conservancy residents should be heard.

Screenshot (586).png

They live with the animals and they absolutely have a say. Thank you for sharing!

I shared this with my high school biology classes. Maybe they will listen to these wonderful people better than they do me.

I don’t care for people coming into my house and telling me I don’t have it set up properly either. Hope they are heard!

They are the locals. They have lived with the animals for generations.They know the animals and how to manage them. They don't need some armchair expert from halfway around the world telling them how to run their own show. Outside advice is fine if asked for, otherwise the foreigners should keep their mouths shut and mind their own business.

They are the locals. They have lived with the animals for generations.They know the animals and how to manage them. They don't need some armchair expert from halfway around the world telling them how to run their own show. Outside advice is fine if asked for, otherwise the foreigners should keep their mouths shut and mind their own business.
Totally agree!! Especially when such "experts" and "anti-hunting" mob live in a society - hypocritically sharing responsibility and condoning - the slaughter of captive-bred animals at their local abbatoir, which they all conveniently benefit from, and exploit!!

Just thinking, but IF trophy hunting is ever driven to the wall, then the only option operators have left to compensate, is to jack up the daily rates sky-high for photographic and "eco" tourists!! With their wallets hit hard - then they'll scream!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelMorg

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg