CITES 19 Namibia Voices

NamStay

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
In advance of the 2019 CITES meeting, four Namibian conservationists discuss why the voices of rural conservancy residents should be heard.

Screenshot (586).png

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
They live with the animals and they absolutely have a say. Thank you for sharing!

Jfet

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Outdoor Tomorrow Foundation,NRA, Life Member DSC
Hunted
Texas, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Namibia, South Africa, and Now Spain
I shared this with my high school biology classes. Maybe they will listen to these wonderful people better than they do me.

Ridgewalker

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
I don’t care for people coming into my house and telling me I don’t have it set up properly either. Hope they are heard!

Newboomer

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA, SCI, American Legion, Freemasons
Hunted
RSA, Maine, Montana, Colorado, Texas, Alaska, California.
They are the locals. They have lived with the animals for generations.They know the animals and how to manage them. They don't need some armchair expert from halfway around the world telling them how to run their own show. Outside advice is fine if asked for, otherwise the foreigners should keep their mouths shut and mind their own business.

Timbo

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BGRC PFRC & SSAA
Hunted
Australia (WA & NT), Zimbabwe, Zambia, South Africa
They are the locals. They have lived with the animals for generations.They know the animals and how to manage them. They don't need some armchair expert from halfway around the world telling them how to run their own show. Outside advice is fine if asked for, otherwise the foreigners should keep their mouths shut and mind their own business.
Totally agree!! Especially when such "experts" and "anti-hunting" mob live in a society - hypocritically sharing responsibility and condoning - the slaughter of captive-bred animals at their local abbatoir, which they all conveniently benefit from, and exploit!!

Timbo

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BGRC PFRC & SSAA
Hunted
Australia (WA & NT), Zimbabwe, Zambia, South Africa
Just thinking, but IF trophy hunting is ever driven to the wall, then the only option operators have left to compensate, is to jack up the daily rates sky-high for photographic and "eco" tourists!! With their wallets hit hard - then they'll scream!!

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Damon Engel wrote on Saul's profile.
Hello! I noticed your E Type in your avatar. What year is it? I have a '69 that looks identical, minus the wire wheels. My car has the steel rims, as I understand it,a more expensive option, but I like the wire wheel much better!
pamtnman wrote on Timothy Doyle's profile.
Interested in the 450/400 dies. I have PayPal. Thank you
Hunt booked 2022
ve7poi wrote on ZANA BOTES SAFARI's profile.
See you in May 2022
twenty days with you time seems to have slowed now after booking lol
tarbe wrote on Royal27's profile.
Current ETA to Buc-ees is 11 am or we can meet you there about 2 hrs later in the way back.