Christmas came a week early!

Rider717

AH veteran
Joined
Jul 28, 2014
Messages
182
Reaction score
426
Media
79
Hunting reports
Africa
4
Member of
NRA, SCI, RMEF, DSC, IGFA
Hunted
South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Wyoming, South Africa, Argentina, Tanzania
Got my trophies from my 2019 safari back. Thought we be moved into a new and bigger house by now but life intervened. Here are some pictures. The sable is from my second trip and now he has company. The black and blue on the wall are from 1st safari. 2nd blue is bigger than I remember. Cannot believe how big the buffalo on a pedestal turned out. Since my wife has slowed the moving process down she now gets to watch TV with the baleful gaze of the buffalo 8 feet away.
4 pedestals1.JPG
Buffalo pedestal.jpg
Buffalo pedestal2.jpg
Springbok tower.JPG
Steenbok full.jpg
waiting and blue comparison.JPG
 
Congrats on an early present to yourself!! Thanks for sharing!
 
Those look like they turned out quite well! Who did the work for you? And did they construct the pedestals as well? That 2nd blue is certainly an impressive beast, but they all look good. I really like the way you have your Springbok slam presented. I think it shows well. Congratulations, and enjoy!
 
Merry Christmas to you! Those all look awesome!
 
Those look like they turned out quite well! Who did the work for you? And did they construct the pedestals as well? That 2nd blue is certainly an impressive beast, but they all look good. I really like the way you have your Springbok slam presented. I think it shows well. Congratulations, and enjoy!
I used Taxidermy America in Houston for this safari. They constructed the bases. I had great communication with them and was able to make adjustments on some mounts as they were being done. They have a "utube" channel and you can watch them doing the springbok and roan mounts. Chris there came up with the mount for the springbok. I just wanted all of them to be looking in different directions. I am really pleased with how they all turned out. I wish my photos could do them justice. I haven't even taken a good picture of the full Nyala or the wall mounts yet!
 
Very nice, and you are right that pedestal Blue is HUGE!
Congratulations on the early Christmas gift.
 
These mounts look fantastic!! Congrats and have a blessed Christmas.
 
Merry Christmas indeed. Glad you got the trophies home!
 
Congrats.
 
Congratulations.

Pedestal wildebeest and roan are both super special.
 
Great looking animals!
 
Beautiful mounts!
 
Those are really nice looking, thanks for sharing them, It looks like you are going to need a bigger house now though
 
Well Merry Christmas for certain! Some fine trophies indeed!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,357
Messages
1,574,066
Members
169,895
Latest member
PatriceWal
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top