Checking In

SteveConroy84

AH member
Joined
Jan 30, 2019
Messages
37
Reaction score
37
Location
Afton, WY and Atlanta, GA
Media
2
Articles
1
Checking In 1-20-2020



I’m checking in with everyone for the first time in 2020. So far this January has been incredibly busy. I was only able to make it out to the woods 8 days this whitetail season and was only able to hunt private land in Mississippi and public land on Ft. Benning, GA. That being said, I did kill four does and an eight-point on Ft. Benning and my freezer is sufficiently stocked. Ft. Benning has roughly 200,000 acres of hunt-able land, however, the competition can be rough at times. You are basically hunting public land. The buck I killed would not turn a single head on most private land hunts, but to me, on Ft. Benning he was a trophy.


I met up with Nathan Askew from Bullet Safaris (the PH I am an apprenticing under) at the Dallas Safari Club convention. I had the opportunity to meet some great people and clients past, present, and future. I definitely hadn’t been out drinking that much since my Marine Corps days. I had a LOT of fun.


From Thanksgiving until the 20th of January I was staying pretty busy with one of my side gigs as a contract/commercial corporate pilot. I’ve been flying the King Air 350 mostly and on occasion the PC-12 from Pilatus. We flew trips to the Bahamas, Savannah, St. Simons, etc out of PDK in Atlanta. I’m off from flying this week. The King Air is in for annual maintenance.


This week and next week I’m back to my regular 9-5 as a stuntman. The Rock is filming a movie in Atlanta and I’ll be working on one of the fight scenes. I started working as a stuntman when I was still in the military. I currently have 100 movies, TV shows, and commercials under my belt. I got into the Screen Actors Guild in 2011 on a Nic Cage movie shortly after an Afghanistan deployment. I’ve been doing it ever since. Along with professional skydiving, pilot, and hopefully in the future a PH. I hope that some of you reading a few of my stories will make you want to hunt with me in the future. Please feel free to let me know if there is anything you’d like to hear more about. I’m calling it an early night tonight. We have an early call time to set in the morning with lots of hitting the ground I’m sure.


Steve Conroy
 
Steve........You are not exactly a librarian. ......hope to see you as a PH one day..........keep truckin.........................FWB
 
Good luck and be safe in all that you do. Hope to read some of your stories in the future, hunting or otherwise!
 
What a fun life! Thanks for your service and stay safe!
 
WOW...You can definitely keep the campfire conversation alive.

Good Luck and much success.

Perhaps when you get time you will give us a behind the scenes report?
Absolutely. I'm all call today. The weather is been messing up the scenes we are trying to film outdoors. I'm using the downtime to catch up on some taxes, respond on here. For some reason, I'm not getting any notifications from the website.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,302
Messages
1,572,133
Members
169,496
Latest member
SimonPoe43
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top