Chapuis

Dakota Hunter

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Does any one know if a 450/400 Chapuis can be ordered with a splinter fore end instead of the beaver tail !

It would probably be a custom upgrade, but I'm pretty sure Chapuis can do it. They have a made-to-order service as well as off the shelf doubles. You might check with williamlarkinmoore.com in Phoenix. They are a Chapuis dealer.

Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 8.20.36 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 8.20.37 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the info. I really like their rifles but do not like the beaver tail as much as a splinter style fore end .

I love my 375H&H double. Been to Africa with it a couple of times. Chapuis are probably the best doubles for the money on the market. The small, family-owned company is now part of the Beretta group so they will have a better dealer network in the U.S. and the technology and financial backup of Beretta.

You can check with Champlin firearms in Enid Ok or William Larkin and Moore in Az, they are both Chapuis dealers. I have bought double from both and they have provided great service and are easy to deal with. You could also buy one with a beaver tail and have a double gunsmith recontour a beaver tail into a splinter forend and rechecker/refinish it.

You might reach out to Kebco. I know they brought in some Verney-Carron imports with splinter forearms.

Since these are generally custom ordered and built, reasonable customizations are pretty easy for the most part.

Regarding sanding down the forearm, that isn't an easy or practical thing to do with many double rifles because of the latching mechanism in them. ;)

To pay someone qualified like JJ outside of Tulsa, OK to do the work, you would probably be better off buying a more expensive rifle with this feature already on it if you don't custom order one.

You might reach out to Kebco. I know they brought in some Verney-Carron imports with splinter forearms.

Since these are generally custom ordered and built, reasonable customizations are pretty easy for the most part.

Regarding sanding down the forearm, that isn't an easy or practical thing to do with many double rifles because of the latching mechanism in them. ;)

To pay someone qualified like JJ outside of Tulsa, OK to do the work, you would probably be better off buying a more expensive rifle with this feature already on it if you don't custom order one.
Thank you. I will check with Kebco .

My V-C double came from them through the hands of its previous owner but, that was about 8 years ago. It looks like V-C might have changed their distribution in the USA though. Kebco certainly knows how to help you spec a superior rifle though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
choangclubcasa

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross