Chapuis

Dakota Hunter

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Does any one know if a 450/400 Chapuis can be ordered with a splinter fore end instead of the beaver tail !

chashardy

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
It would probably be a custom upgrade, but I'm pretty sure Chapuis can do it. They have a made-to-order service as well as off the shelf doubles. You might check with williamlarkinmoore.com in Phoenix. They are a Chapuis dealer.

Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 8.20.36 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 8.20.37 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Dakota Hunter

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Thank you for the info. I really like their rifles but do not like the beaver tail as much as a splinter style fore end .

chashardy

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
I love my 375H&H double. Been to Africa with it a couple of times. Chapuis are probably the best doubles for the money on the market. The small, family-owned company is now part of the Beretta group so they will have a better dealer network in the U.S. and the technology and financial backup of Beretta.

AZDAVE

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa, Alaska,lower 48
You can check with Champlin firearms in Enid Ok or William Larkin and Moore in Az, they are both Chapuis dealers. I have bought double from both and they have provided great service and are easy to deal with. You could also buy one with a beaver tail and have a double gunsmith recontour a beaver tail into a splinter forend and rechecker/refinish it.

Sid Post

AH member
Reaction score
You might reach out to Kebco. I know they brought in some Verney-Carron imports with splinter forearms.

Since these are generally custom ordered and built, reasonable customizations are pretty easy for the most part.

Regarding sanding down the forearm, that isn't an easy or practical thing to do with many double rifles because of the latching mechanism in them. ;)

To pay someone qualified like JJ outside of Tulsa, OK to do the work, you would probably be better off buying a more expensive rifle with this feature already on it if you don't custom order one.

Dakota Hunter

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
You might reach out to Kebco. I know they brought in some Verney-Carron imports with splinter forearms.

Since these are generally custom ordered and built, reasonable customizations are pretty easy for the most part.

Regarding sanding down the forearm, that isn't an easy or practical thing to do with many double rifles because of the latching mechanism in them. ;)

To pay someone qualified like JJ outside of Tulsa, OK to do the work, you would probably be better off buying a more expensive rifle with this feature already on it if you don't custom order one.
Thank you. I will check with Kebco .

Sid Post

AH member
Reaction score
My V-C double came from them through the hands of its previous owner but, that was about 8 years ago. It looks like V-C might have changed their distribution in the USA though. Kebco certainly knows how to help you spec a superior rifle though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justdanzedancestudios

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh