CBL: Yes or No?

Do you agree with the banning of CBL practices?

  • Yes

    Votes: 20 30.3%
  • No

    Votes: 46 69.7%

  • Total voters
    66

Wishfulthinker580

Bronze supporter
AH legend
Joined
Jun 23, 2021
Messages
4,195
Reaction score
9,135
Media
12
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Hunted
Namibia
Recent threads have peaked my curiosity on the opinions of AH members on this topic so I’m starting this simple poll.

I believe I have it set up to ensure the anonymity of voters and I will request that the mods lock the thread and delete any and all comments that may occur until it is locked (and also please verify that voters will remain anonymous). @AfricaHunting.com

Your username will not be displayed publicly and your vote cannot be changed once it has been entered.

I would like to avoid another dumpster fire of a thread so I humbly request that no comments be made.
 
I voted no. God willing I hope to go on a lion hunt, with the right outfitter. I don't generally go anonymous on much of anything. If I'm willing to believe/support something I stand behind it. ;)
I feel the same way as you about anonymity but I know there are those that don’t feel the same way.
 
Interesting poll... Frankly it's breaking (so far) about the way I'd figure it might.
 
Good idea. So many different opinions, with this we shall see where we stand as a hunting community.
 
I hunted a couple of CBL lioness's in 2022 via following a PH and a native African tracker. I very much enjoyed it. If it is not outlawed, I may hunt CBL lions again someday. That stated, I understand the quality of these hunts may vary greatly depending on what outfitter one hunts with.

This is my hunt report;
 
Last edited:
I must correct myself because I don't read small print. Mea culpa.
I voted (wrong) based on title.
CBL: Yes or No?
My answer would be yes, and thats how I voted.

But the actual question was with opposite meaning.
Do you agree with the banning of CBL practices?
That part skipped my attention, and I voted yes, based on title question.

I cannot change vote or undo, but if moderators can - I would be grateful.

​

 
I hunted a couple of CBL lioness's in 2022 via following a PH and a native African tracker. I very much enjoyed it. If it is not outlawed, I may hunt CBL lions again someday. That stated, I understand the quality of these hunts may vary greatly depending on what outfitter one hunts with.

This is my hunt report;
To be fair, it is not the method of the hunt itself that people find objectionable. Also, no one is saying it can’t be or isn’t an enjoyable experience. I had hoped to avoid another discussion on this topic in this thread as there is ample opportunity for that elsewhere. This is why I requested in my OP that this thread be locked . The vast majority already have their minds made up. This is supposed to be a simple poll where people can participate without having to get in a back and forth with someone else or be bombarded with information from either side.
 
I must correct myself because I don't read small print. Mea culpa.
I voted (wrong) based on title.
CBL: Yes or No?
My answer would be yes, and thats how I voted.

But the actual question was with opposite meaning.
Do you agree with the banning of CBL practices?
That part skipped my attention, and I voted yes, based on title question.

I cannot change vote or undo, but if moderators can - I would be grateful.

​

I apologize, I should’ve worded my question differently. Or used the question in the title as well. I’m easily confused :)
 
To be fair, it is not the method of the hunt itself that people find objectionable. Also, no one is saying it can’t be or isn’t an enjoyable experience. I had hoped to avoid another discussion on this topic in this thread as there is ample opportunity for that elsewhere. This is why I requested in my OP that this thread be locked . The vast majority already have their minds made up. This is supposed to be a simple poll where people can participate without having to get in a back and forth with someone else or be bombarded with information from either side.

My bad. I should have just voted and shut my piehole. :p
 
Excellent idea in a way, would of been good to have two questions, "Do you agree with Banning" & "Would you (or have) engage in CBL hunt"
 
....
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,276
Messages
1,571,392
Members
169,350
Latest member
luck8gamess
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top