Carp/Yellowfish angling

Alexandro Faria

AH enthusiast
Joined
Feb 15, 2015
Messages
324
Reaction score
364
Location
Pretoria
Media
20
Articles
8
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Member of
SA wingshooters, GOSA,
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Botswana
Hi guys,

Something for the South Africans and any of you who may find yourself in Joburg at some point.
IMG_20200409_105223_722[1].jpg


With everything that's been going on lately, I've decided to offer something small that may make things a little easier for some- my way of giving back to the hunting community in general.

My family owns a small farm in Lanseria (South Africa) with a bit of river frontage where we have a fair few yellows- I've pulled some seriously nice mirrors out of the waters too- so it's pretty productive on occasion.

So here's the offer: One (max 2) members may join me at the water on a Saturday. First come, first serve. No price attached, just want to help out.

Rules:

1) No fishing if I'm not there- if you come to the farm with out permission or outside the agreed upon time, I will call the cops and you won't be invited back.

2) No issue with drinking, but if you get drunk and disorderly, see rule one.

3) The spot is to be kept spotless- if I find beer bottles,stompies, line or hooks, see rule 1, minus the police.

4) It's cool to bring a friend, but don't abuse the privilege.

5) You'll be allocated a Saturday based on availability, maybe a Sunday if I can swing it- all depends on work requirements. This may change at short notice- life happens.

6) Strictly catch and release.

We have some bass, but they're super temperamental and as picky as they come- you're more than welcome to try your luck. Same goes for the cat fish.

If you're keen, please drop me a PM. I'll start taking guys after the 1st of June.

Cheers,
Alex
 
Last edited:
G'day Alexandro

Mate you are a really generous fella, but regrettably I am in Australia, otherwise I would love to join you. Your comments, rules etcetera, are extremely sound, and are what I expect of my fishing and hunting buddies in Australia. I have seen fishing spots totally trashed because of careless fisherman, some spots being made a no-go zone because of the rednecks, it ruins it for everyone. I usually take along a few plastic rubbish bags to clear up my regular spots, with other anglers waste that is :(

I must admit, that I collect as much braided fishing line as I can, as it is totally weather proof and makes great cotton for sewing up heavy duty materials, tents, bags, suitcases, I use it for a lot of things.

Tight Lines
Rob
 
G'day Alexandro

Mate you are a really generous fella, but regrettably I am in Australia, otherwise I would love to join you. Your comments, rules etcetera, are extremely sound, and are what I expect of my fishing and hunting buddies in Australia. I have seen fishing spots totally trashed because of careless fisherman, some spots being made a no-go zone because of the rednecks, it ruins it for everyone. I usually take along a few plastic rubbish bags to clear up my regular spots, with other anglers waste that is :(

I must admit, that I collect as much braided fishing line as I can, as it is totally weather proof and makes great cotton for sewing up heavy duty materials, tents, bags, suitcases, I use it for a lot of things.

Tight Lines
Rob

Cheers Rob,

The braided line idea is actually a great one- I'll start doing the same.

I know a lot of people think that the rules are OTT, and maybe they are, but these rules (I'm sure you know) come from experience. In all fairness, I've found that it's usually "friends of friends" who make the drama- easier just to have them there so there's no confusion.

If you ever take some time to visit SA, drop me a line and you're more than welcome to come through.

Best of luck with the upcoming winter- hope you get some good hunting in.

Alex
 
Cheers Rob,

The braided line idea is actually a great one- I'll start doing the same.

I know a lot of people think that the rules are OTT, and maybe they are, but these rules (I'm sure you know) come from experience. In all fairness, I've found that it's usually "friends of friends" who make the drama- easier just to have them there so there's no confusion.

If you ever take some time to visit SA, drop me a line and you're more than welcome to come through.

Best of luck with the upcoming winter- hope you get some good hunting in.

Alex

Thank you Alexandro,

You are a good sport, your kind offer is greatly appreciated :)

By the way, if you ever visit Victoria, a southern state of Australia, I will gladly take you out to have a fish too.

Tight Lines and good hunting

Rob
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,347
Messages
1,573,645
Members
169,780
Latest member
Isidro
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top