Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SA wingshooters, GOSA,
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Botswana
Hi guys,

Something for the South Africans and any of you who may find yourself in Joburg at some point.
IMG_20200409_105223_722[1].jpg

With everything that's been going on lately, I've decided to offer something small that may make things a little easier for some- my way of giving back to the hunting community in general.

My family owns a small farm in Lanseria (South Africa) with a bit of river frontage where we have a fair few yellows- I've pulled some seriously nice mirrors out of the waters too- so it's pretty productive on occasion.

So here's the offer: One (max 2) members may join me at the water on a Saturday. First come, first serve. No price attached, just want to help out.

Rules:

1) No fishing if I'm not there- if you come to the farm with out permission or outside the agreed upon time, I will call the cops and you won't be invited back.

2) No issue with drinking, but if you get drunk and disorderly, see rule one.

3) The spot is to be kept spotless- if I find beer bottles,stompies, line or hooks, see rule 1, minus the police.

4) It's cool to bring a friend, but don't abuse the privilege.

5) You'll be allocated a Saturday based on availability, maybe a Sunday if I can swing it- all depends on work requirements. This may change at short notice- life happens.

6) Strictly catch and release.

We have some bass, but they're super temperamental and as picky as they come- you're more than welcome to try your luck. Same goes for the cat fish.

If you're keen, please drop me a PM. I'll start taking guys after the 1st of June.

Cheers,
Alex

Last edited:
G'day Alexandro

Mate you are a really generous fella, but regrettably I am in Australia, otherwise I would love to join you. Your comments, rules etcetera, are extremely sound, and are what I expect of my fishing and hunting buddies in Australia. I have seen fishing spots totally trashed because of careless fisherman, some spots being made a no-go zone because of the rednecks, it ruins it for everyone. I usually take along a few plastic rubbish bags to clear up my regular spots, with other anglers waste that is :(

I must admit, that I collect as much braided fishing line as I can, as it is totally weather proof and makes great cotton for sewing up heavy duty materials, tents, bags, suitcases, I use it for a lot of things.

Tight Lines
Rob

G'day Alexandro

Mate you are a really generous fella, but regrettably I am in Australia, otherwise I would love to join you. Your comments, rules etcetera, are extremely sound, and are what I expect of my fishing and hunting buddies in Australia. I have seen fishing spots totally trashed because of careless fisherman, some spots being made a no-go zone because of the rednecks, it ruins it for everyone. I usually take along a few plastic rubbish bags to clear up my regular spots, with other anglers waste that is :(

I must admit, that I collect as much braided fishing line as I can, as it is totally weather proof and makes great cotton for sewing up heavy duty materials, tents, bags, suitcases, I use it for a lot of things.

Tight Lines
Rob

Cheers Rob,

The braided line idea is actually a great one- I'll start doing the same.

I know a lot of people think that the rules are OTT, and maybe they are, but these rules (I'm sure you know) come from experience. In all fairness, I've found that it's usually "friends of friends" who make the drama- easier just to have them there so there's no confusion.

If you ever take some time to visit SA, drop me a line and you're more than welcome to come through.

Best of luck with the upcoming winter- hope you get some good hunting in.

Alex

Cheers Rob,

The braided line idea is actually a great one- I'll start doing the same.

I know a lot of people think that the rules are OTT, and maybe they are, but these rules (I'm sure you know) come from experience. In all fairness, I've found that it's usually "friends of friends" who make the drama- easier just to have them there so there's no confusion.

If you ever take some time to visit SA, drop me a line and you're more than welcome to come through.

Best of luck with the upcoming winter- hope you get some good hunting in.

Alex

Thank you Alexandro,

You are a good sport, your kind offer is greatly appreciated :)

By the way, if you ever visit Victoria, a southern state of Australia, I will gladly take you out to have a fish too.

Tight Lines and good hunting

Rob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross