Cape Buffalo Questions

Wow!!!! That is incredible!!! It must be the "best" ?.? Deal on buff in Africa, if I may ask which outfitter will you be hunting with?

My best always

I have to back Jaco on this one .... Seems unreal ... The trailcam picture was definately taken with a camera ..... You can see the Buff is looking staright at it ... Trailcams also does not display the date as shown in the picture ... I hope this will all work out well for you !

Happy Hunting !!!

As enysse says here you need to get minimum 80 KE from your setup when using a total arrow weight of minimum 700 grain,
That is possible if you have one of the high IBO 70 lbs bow and a decent draw length.
I am using a Destroyer 340 set at 70 lbs and shoot it with a 31" draw length and get well over 80 KE with a 700 grain arrow.

But remember that 80 KE with 700 grain is a minimum.

I know some people hunt with muzzle loaders in SA, but they need to get their powder in SA.
If you can get the powder there that you are used to, then you should be fine, but I would not start to load and hunt Buffalo with a unknown powder.

I gotta admit, knowing where this hunt takes place, taking a bow would be interesting. I don't really need to shoot plains game. Bow hunting would spice it up a bit.

I have to back Jaco on this one .... Seems unreal ... The trailcam picture was definately taken with a camera ..... You can see the Buff is looking staright at it ... Trailcams also does not display the date as shown in the picture ... I hope this will all work out well for you !

Happy Hunting !!!

Something to keep in mind is that these aren't the regular prices. This is an isolated offer to deal with an isolated issue on this particular concession. The owner, the operation, and the offer are completely legit though. I wouldn't even consider going otherwise much less pass along the info to anyone else about the hunt. I have a few friends who have gone and can vouch for the fact that everything is top notch. Here's a promo video that they put together for them:

Africa Anyway Promo

Sure. It's with Africa Anyway Safaris.

If it matters to you I would make sure to ask what size area the buffalo are in. I noticed on a trip over that just because the entire property may be 10k acres or more doesn't mean some of these animals aren't in small fenced pastures on the same properties and many were like cattle instead of wild buffalo. This sounds like one of those type places and is wanting to take out ones who aren't as tame.

It's not always the case but usually if it sounds too good to be true it is. However, if the trophy is more important than the hunt $5000 is unbeatable. Just one opinion.

If it matters to you I would make sure to ask what size area the buffalo are in. I noticed on a trip over that just because the entire property may be 10k acres or more doesn't mean some of these animals aren't in small fenced pastures on the same properties and many were like cattle instead of wild buffalo. This sounds like one of those type places and is wanting to take out ones who aren't as tame.

It's not always the case but usually if it sounds too good to be true it is. However, if the trophy is more important than the hunt $5000 is unbeatable. Just one opinion.

That actually a good point. I contacted the operator to make sure. He said that the property where the cape buffalo hunt is taking place is about 3500 acres, so it's not just walking in and shooting a cow in a small pasture. It's still a hunt. The reason for the cheap price is that the owner of the concession wants some of these animals taken asap. Gonna be a steal for someone who's been looking to take a cape buffalo.

james127,
The last time I checked the price of powder in Africa 2010, it was $80.00/lb. Having to test loads there, I left the smoke pole home.

Take the buff deal, it will never get any cheaper!

"A dream can be relived, again and again in Africa."

james127,
The last time I checked the price of powder in Africa 2010, it was $80.00/lb. Having to test loads there, I left the smoke pole home.

Take the buff deal, it will never get any cheaper!

"A dream can be relived, again and again in Africa."

Yeah, as much as I enjoy using my muzzleloader, it looks like I'm going to be doing this trip with a bow and rifle (which is fine). And I'm wanting to take that deal on the cape buffalo so bad I can't stand it. Unfortunately, I'm pretty stretched financially as it is. Gonna see what I can do. Hoping that someone picks it up so that I can at least tag along and film :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg