Cape Buffalo pictures

Marromeu Safari’s
Mozambique Coutada 10
21 and 22
IMG_5586.jpeg
IMG_1559.jpeg
IMG_3425.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Coutada 10 Mozambique, about 2 hours in on my first day in Africa and on my very first stalk. Way back in 2014, maybe I should have held out for a bigger one but I told my PH I wanted a hard bossed bull and that’s what I got. It gives me something to shoot for (40+”) if I can ever save enough money.
C77E18FB-74B8-48A8-9B33-A9C32FA56C3A.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Any wide cows taken? I saw a 50”.
I took this one 2019. It was management culling. She was 25 years old, no calves for four years and lost her last two. The drought was taking a toll.

Shot through the heart 110 yards with loaner 375. Presumably with the same 250 gr Barnes bullets I used to take my bull two years later.

It was an exciting hunt. Though a breeding operation, the animals were very spooky and in thick cover. After granny was down, the herd bull came for us three times. Then he went after my lodge owner's new Ford pickup when the tracker brought it out. That guy wasn't very reliable as a tracker but he could drive like Mario Andretti!
2019-08-26 buffalo posed(2).JPG

Nice. I'm a little jealous of all the daylight photos. Mine tend to die at last light!

I am leaving for my first cape buffalo hunt on Sunday and taking a break from packing and final fine tuning.. Lets see some pictures of your cape kills. As if I need to be any more pumped up. Bonus for bow kills as that is what I am using.
Good luck with your travels today. Hope and your gear all arrive at your destination.

1674415600666blob.jpeg
1674416016666blob.jpeg

Here’s a couple of mine from Mozambique. Bull at top taken straight on at 10 yards in high grass with a Lott. Couldn’t see his body so aimed just under his jaw. Luckily, he went right down. The bottom bull was a broken ancient old boy in very poor body condition.

Looks like a valiant old warrior. Hard to tell WAB but it looks as if his tail has been chewed off in the bottom picture.

Reactions: WAB
Looks like a valiant old warrior. Hard to tell WAB but it looks as if his tail has been chewed off in the bottom picture.

Quite possible, lots of lion in the area.

3 buffalos from my hunt with family and friends last year. The first picture is my friend Scott's buffalo, the 2nd one is my buffalo and the last picture is my son's buffalo.

IMG_1506.jpg

IMG_4612.jpg

IMG_2243.JPEG

This to me is the best looking trophy on the thread so far. Age, white face, width, and worn down tips. Great bull
Thanks Dewald! It was a really humbling moment. He was an old warrior. His ears were shredded and he had a torn upper lip from fighting with something. I like to think a lion! He died where he stood so I was able to do my part!

View attachment 546063View attachment 546064
Here’s a couple of mine from Mozambique. Bull at top taken straight on at 10 yards in high grass with a Lott. Couldn’t see his body so aimed just under his jaw. Luckily, he went right down. The bottom bull was a broken ancient old boy in very poor body condition.

The second one, with broken horn is the kind of Buff I want to find one day. Old warrior. Congrats !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyHandley

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.