Cape Buffalo Bowhunt Video

Perfect shot, yes, but as a traditional archer (both longbow and recurve), all the techy stuff just drives me crazy. 25 yds. - make the same shot all day long with either. And I agree with above, Fred and Howard and Glenn are all rolling.
I sincerely hope than when you do do get the opportunity of a lifetime to successfully hunt a Cape buffalo with your traditional equipment that no one drags you down and and tries to steal you thunder by telling you what you should have or could have used or done differently.
Each of our successes, and failures, are as unique as each of us and each individual animal out there. The real trophy is the experience. No one can judge that.
I wish you all the greatest success. Good luck!

Congrats sir, nice shot under pressure

I sincerely hope than when you do do get the opportunity of a lifetime to successfully hunt a Cape buffalo with your traditional equipment that no one drags you down and and tries to steal you thunder by telling you what you should have or could have used or done differently.
Each of our successes, and failures, are as unique as each of us and each individual animal out there. The real trophy is the experience. No one can judge that.
We are all cheering the hunt and sharing your success, I can speak for everyone saying that Cape Buffalo is everyone dream; if my comment was misinterpreted [just in case] is just that I would love to see more people joining our bow-hunters family without having to worry about spending 50% of a month salary worth in six arrows and a broadhead. The more we are, the more we are understood, and accepted.

Perfect shot, yes, but as a traditional archer (both longbow and recurve), all the techy stuff just drives me crazy. 25 yds. - make the same shot all day long with either. And I agree with above, Fred and Howard and Glenn are all rolling.

With all respect for Bishop, with a 12 arrow package Hot FAD Eliminator at 1,200$ or 700$ for three Frozen FAD Eliminator shafts, without a low priced test pack option, you can get plenty of arrow for much less; for a 315 grains broadhead, single bevel at 400$ a pack of three; with 12 weeks waiting time on stock products.....Fred Bear the father of popular archery, must be turning into the grave.

Cool, guys. Nothing like pooping on another hunters career moment with a bunch of irrelevant BS.

We are all cheering the hunt and sharing your success, I can speak for everyone saying that Cape Buffalo is everyone dream; if my comment was misinterpreted [just in case] is just that I would love to see more people joining our bow-hunters family without having to worry about spending 50% of a month salary worth in six arrows and a broadhead. The more we are, the more we are understood, and accepted.
I don’t think I’m alone in saying that I understand your point and don’t disagree with presenting options that will enable more people to get involved at any price point. I bow hunt as well.
I think your comment was pushed a little too far in another post that twisted it a bit far for this thread...one intended to celebrate one hunters Brass Balls winning shot at a critter everyone wants a chance at. So cool!
Besides, :giggle: , are you sure Fred Bear would be so torn up? Would Henry Ford reeaally be disappointed to see a Mustang fly by? To your point, if you can afford a Mustang, drive it, some of us might just feel the Pinto works just fine. :cool:

With all respect for Bishop, with a 12 arrow package Hot FAD Eliminator at 1,200$ or 700$ for three Frozen FAD Eliminator shafts, without a low priced test pack option, you can get plenty of arrow for much less; for a 315 grains broadhead, single bevel at 400$ a pack of three; with 12 weeks waiting time on stock products.....Fred Bear the father of popular archery, must be turning into the grave.
I agree, you can definitely go cheaper with outstanding results. Easton FMJ 250 dangerous game arrows. $160 a dozen for shafts. (I like building my own). Iron Will 250 grain buff broad heads $100 for 3. I bought 6. All in for around $400. 31 yard shot with excellent penetration and a dead buffalo!
85A39452-9445-4E52-95E4-E8E5D4E4B420.jpeg
43ABA0D1-49EE-4551-A324-B3C282CA0DD4.jpeg
F36B5A46-6964-445B-B74A-0988747E971D.jpeg

And congrats Bowhuntr64 on a great hunt and awesome shot.

Awesome stalk and bull! 20 yards is close!

Also a good one: give a guy a hard time about the expense of his primitive weapon / archery equipment . . . while you are on a forum with guys who shoot Double Hollands etc at "cows." Genius.

I almost expected the normal shit about frontal softness and the horn tips being "too high" but, c'mon, the guy's nice gear is too nice?

Tough crowd.

Thanks for the encouragement, for those who expressed it. I really appreciate the camaraderie of fellow hunters. I had an amazing experience on this hunt and will cherish it for life. I am not a traditional hunter, just a compound bow hunter.

Sean, the owner of Bishop Archery is a good friend of mine and gives me an extremely good "deal" on the equipment--one that I'm sure no one would pass up. But budget is all relative, isn't it? I once heard that it would be a waste of money for Bill Gates to bend down and pick up a $100 bill if he were to drop it. A lobster dinner to him is a stick of gum to me. I'm sure there are cheaper guns than the ones many of us use that would do the job just fine--or cheaper bows--or cheaper cars--or cheaper clothes--or cheaper houses. I don't go knock on mansion doors and tell them that they would be better off in a small, less expensive house around the corner. (Native Americans must be rolling over in their graves by their teepees :)) Why would I do that? Gear selection is not a competition, it's just a matter of taste and budget for each person to decide for themselves. I truly hope everyone is happy with their choices and wouldn't want to criticize any of them, provided they are ethical and legal. I am very happy with mine :)

Thanks for the encouragement, for those who expressed it. I really appreciate the camaraderie of fellow hunters. I had an amazing experience on this hunt and will cherish it for life. I am not a traditional hunter, just a compound bow hunter.

Sean, the owner of Bishop Archery is a good friend of mine and gives me an extremely good "deal" on the equipment--one that I'm sure no one would pass up. But budget is all relative, isn't it? I once heard that it would be a waste of money for Bill Gates to bend down and pick up a $100 bill if he were to drop it. A lobster dinner to him is a stick of gum to me. I'm sure there are cheaper guns than the ones many of us use that would do the job just fine--or cheaper bows--or cheaper cars--or cheaper clothes--or cheaper houses. I don't go knock on mansion doors and tell them that they would be better off in a small, less expensive house around the corner. (Native Americans must be rolling over in their graves by their teepees :)) Why would I do that? Gear selection is not a competition, it's just a matter of taste and budget for each person to decide for themselves. I truly hope everyone is happy with their choices and wouldn't want to criticize any of them, provided they are ethical and legal. I am very happy with mine :)
Absolutely! Lots of people think we’re crazy to spend the amount of money a safari costs. It’s all relative. Congrats again.

The trip is often more important than the destination.

Agreed, but why all the techy crap, when a bent stick, a string, and a pointed shaft will produce the same result? Archery is a beautiful, physical endeavor to perfect, and consequently the more gadgets we employ in its pursuit, the less it becomes so. And, of course, the answer will be the obvious, to each his or her own.

Agreed, but why all the techy crap, when a bent stick, a string, and a pointed shaft will produce the same result? Archery is a beautiful, physical endeavor to perfect, and consequently the more gadgets we employ in its pursuit, the less it becomes so. And, of course, the answer will be the obvious, to each his or her own.
I don't disagree. In fact I think it's a great idea for your own thread to show and tell alternative equipment, resources and pricing variables to help those developing a plan for a hunt. Very commendable.

My only point was that this thread was not the place to present it as this thread is started by a very excited and proud (rightfully so) hunter who wanting to show his fellow hunters his success. I think you'd have to admit that if it was the other way around and you were excited about showing your trophy, you likely would feel so great about someone telling you to "tech up".
I look forward to seeing your thread and hearing the discussion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiloHardem

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross