roverandbrew

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
United States, South Africa, Zambia
Does anyone have experience or own a gun case from Jeff’s Outfitters? Some web reviews are rating the quality as being pretty high.

36EF3D48-B5FE-4435-BDD3-DA374741A684.jpeg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 9.41.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 9.41.00 AM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 94
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 9.41.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 9.41.02 AM.png
    680.7 KB · Views: 106
Last edited by a moderator:
I have one and it is a solid quality piece of kit.

I have several pieces from them, but not the rifle case you show. I have 2 of the canvas compact shotgun cases (one for 2 barrel set), one of the canvas cartridge cases, and one of the leather compact shotgun cases. I think they are well made. Obviously they don't fit as perfectly as a custom case.
I considered getting a rifle case like the one you show, but didn't know if it would fit my full stocked gun. Jeff offered to check if I sent a tracing of the gun, but I ended up going a different route.

They are cool, though I am not sure how practical for actual use. I probably have at least a couple of dozen such cases ranging from Cape - sorry Jeff's Outfitters basic canvas on a wooden frame through Galazan to some really lovely true oak and leather cases. They are neat for a gun room with a classic rifle or shotgun "in repose." But for transporting a hunting rifle on the back seat, I always seem to grab a zippered slip. And of course the canvas case is unusable for air travel. But there is nothing wrong with the quality of what Jeff offers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SheritaFow

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you