CANADA: First Dove Hunt

Wow, that hurts, all those years covered up with doves and couldn’t hunt them and now it’s legal!
Yeah, I don't get it? Canada, the US and Mexico are all part of the Migratory Bird Treaty Act of 1918. Yet, several states and apparently Canadian provinces don't/didn't allow dove hunting. And many more have reduced their bag limits (AZ was 20 doves in the '80s and is now 10. CA was 15 and now 10). Yet, Mexico has had very liberal dove bag limits (like 40-60 or more) for DECADES. Maybe it's the time of year the birds are north, but they migrate to Mexico for the winter, so...?

Didn’t know Canada had any doves? Good to know. AND I see you used a SEMI AUTO shotgun to slay your limit. Best shotgun action ever for doves! Congrats!
I am gonna make a go pro video later lol. I go to the back of my farm..... I will stir up literally 200. I have doves drinking out of my swimming pool we have so many lol.

The opener was on the first. Me and one buddy walk backed there and just flushed them and shot for a good 3-5 mins while the birds kept taking off and trying to return home. Then after about 5 mins they would park elsewhere. We would walk back to the house for a beer. 30 mins later same process. Rinse and repeat. We shot 24 doves in one day... and were bbq them between the walks lol.

I am gonna make a go pro video later lol. I go to the back of my farm..... I will stir up literally 200. I have doves drinking out of my swimming pool we have so many lol.

The opener was on the first. Me and one buddy walk backed there and just flushed them and shot for a good 3-5 mins while the birds kept taking off and trying to return home. Then after about 5 mins they would park elsewhere. We would walk back to the house for a beer. 30 mins later same process. Rinse and repeat. We shot 24 doves in one day... and were bbq them between the walks lol.
Sounds like you had a great hunt!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LavadaMacG

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.