Can of worms

Save money - don't sell off firearms, with this caveat: trip to Africa aside, if you'd consider selling something anyway, because it's just not of interest to continue to own it, then maybe selling is something to think about.

It's been far more common, speaking for myself, that I have regretted selling a firearm, whatever my motivations might have been.

Frankly, dangerous game not being a consideration, I'd think you could get a really good deal from one of the many sponsors on this site.

Best of wishes from a fellow Kansan (who has been in Alaska a mighty long time).

Good thread topic.

I’m in the same boat. I probably have 80-90 firearms and haven’t shot half of them. How many AR’s, 1911’s, striker fired pistols ect; do you actually need to shoot. I shoot some and just collect the rest.

I’m at a point where for as much as I enjoy the pride in ownership and joy of collecting I’m thinking about selling some of the guns towards my trip to Africa in May and a downpayment on a small lake house. My kids like to hunt and shoot but are not the gun guy that I am. Things that I’ll use or make memories over rather than collecting things seems to make sense. It’s a tough call as I have some emotional attachment to the item that I collect.

I was working up loads at the Rabbit Creek range near Potter Marsh in Anchorage. A group of hunters... obviously from the Lower-48 were sighting in their rifles for ... as it turned out... for a black bear hunt. Hint: How did I know... they had the biggest Swarovski spotting scope! Anyway, one of the hunters was feverishly taking his rifle apart trying the adjust the stock with the action. Turns out he was from Greensburg, Kansas. He had just received the stock when the tornado wiped out the town. Now here he was in Alaska and the bolt was jamming on the front bedding screw... it was too long and he hadn't had time to try the rifle after the tornado. I was shooting a Remington 700 and took my front screw out and let him try it on his rifle. It worked and cinched down the action to stock without binding the bolt. That is my Kansas story (my wife has a better story as her forebears homesteaded on the Cimmaron in the 1880s)..

So that's what they call it? A lot of syllables for a disorder whose symptoms are using too many syllables. Is there a prescription med for that? ... Asking for a friend. :)
According to many, the best prescription is spending as much time in the wilderness as possible.
According to Christopher Walken, the only prescription is more cowbell.

This is brilliant.
I wish I had said it.

However, it would’ve taken me several paragraphs to say it, because being of the hyper active personality disorder (underline disorder), once I start talking, it’s difficult to get my sandwich grinder to shut up. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Dad called it hyperbolitis. He always said my high school typing teacher deserved twenty years hard labour. Fortunately, our speech and debate coach was a dud.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlynnHeini

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.