Can "Big Elephant" still be hunted

Thank you all for your Inputs and comments. It its nice to hear that people have seen them and had luck with them, I have seen some very impressive bulls and seen some impressive ones taken in the Selous too. I will agree with you @Eric Anderson that if you keep taking the big ones out that they will get smaller and that as individuals and hunters that we should all do our part to make sure this doesn't happen. I most certainly do not even dream of taking a bull that is 100lb+ I would just like to hopefully get the chance of a very old mature 70lb animal.

I've seen a lot of immature elephants shot over the last few years out of desperation to take a bull and I personally don't agree with it unless they are over populated in that area or PAC animals, but these are discussions for another thread I think and I don't want to be in the middle of it either.

This was more of a curiosity thread as to if there are areas that the more common man could get to see these great bulls without paying $100K in Tanzania or Namibia. I doubt I will ever get the chance to hunt such a great animal but you never know!!

I'm very lucky that I'm in the UK so I can still import everything FOR NOW but how long that will last for I don't know.

I will try and get the pictures of my farther bull but I don't get to go over to his house often as he is far away.

IMG_3213 - Copy.JPG

Would an elephant with 100lbers still be of breeding age? Sorry if this question seems ignorant genuinely interested!

That's a very loose question. It all depends on the genetics of the animals ivory and if there is good food ect. if it has the genetics to become a big bull at a younger breading age then yes, but in some/most cases the genetics do not allow the animal to grow that big at all. Same as all male animals and there genetics in breeding, I hope this makes sense

I don’t believe that the big bulls can be hunted in those reserves, only the small ones, sub 30 or sub 40 if memory serves.

I didn’t know that, but it makes sense of course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaydenJaco

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,