CAMEROON: Cameroon Hunt With Mayo Oldiri 2019

Discussion in 'Hunting Reports Africa' started by Hank2211, Feb 4, 2019.

1. laststand

laststand AH Member

Member of:
    SCI, NRA Life endow.
    Hunted:
    Russia, Kyrgyzstan, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, Zambia, Mozambique, Botswana, South Africa, Zimbabwe
    I have 5 pr of the Lowa Z8 & Z6, best boot ever

2. Jeffrey Masters

Jeffrey Masters AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    SA, Mexico, Lower 48, Alaska
    There is not much I can say that would add to the story, so I will just say thank you. You have taken what was obviously an incredible experience, and shared it for us all to enjoy. Some incredible memories, and I am sure they will not fade soon. Excellent animals by the way, all very nice trophies! Like those who mentioned this before, I would certainly have my hand up if you chose to write a collection of your experiences. Well done sir!

Hank2211 likes this.

3. cls

cls AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SCI, AHEIA
    Hunted:
    Canada(AB, BC, SASK, NWT)), USA (WY, MN, TX), South Africa (Limpopo and Eastern Cape), Zambia
    Enjoyed the read, congrats. Well done. So what's up next....

4. Hank2211

Hank2211 AH ENABLER GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SCI, DU, Pheasants Forever
    Hunted:
    Canada, United States, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Eastern Cape; Northern Cape; North West Province, Natal, Mpumalanga, Limpopo), Namibia, Cameroon, Benin, Ethiopia, Argentina
    Really not sure . . . When you've accomplished something that's taken a while to get done - 10 years in this case - there's a bit of a let down when it's finally over. So taking some time to figure it out. Might look at countries I haven't hunted before (Uganda looks interesting), or finish the tiny 10 (I have 8), or maybe try for another leopard or elephant while we still can . . .

Rest assured I will let everyone know!

Lbarr265 likes this.

5. Lbarr265

Lbarr265 AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    Love your stories, not sure the random guy on the internet gets a vote... but I vote leopard

6. Hank2211

Hank2211 AH ENABLER GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SCI, DU, Pheasants Forever
    Hunted:
    Canada, United States, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Eastern Cape; Northern Cape; North West Province, Natal, Mpumalanga, Limpopo), Namibia, Cameroon, Benin, Ethiopia, Argentina
    I got a nice leopard about 6 years ago in Zimbabwe . . . at last light. Decent shot, but lousy ammo (had to use local at that time - the UN embargo). Nice kitty, charged us from about 10 feet away, a picture which will live with me for a while yet. Unfortunately, the skin was so badly prepared that it arrived home mouldy and almost unusable. I managed to get a nice tail . . . and my taxidermist made me a shoulder mount, using bits and pieces from the usable parts of the skin. I can't tell, but he told me that the ears were actually from a mountain lion!

Given that experience, it might just be time to try again.

Having said that, I am quite taken by what @rookhawk has just done . . . just decide to go next week and see what's available! Unfortunately in Canada if you do that you won't be able to take your own firearms . . . takes longer than that too get the permits.