CAMEROON: Cameroon Hunt With Mayo Oldiri 2019

I can understand the complaining. If I had only Crocs to wear on a hunt with uneven footing like you did, my hunt would be effectively ruined. A back injury caused nerve damage and significant weakness in my left leg. If don't have high supportive boots, my ankle flip flops every which way. I also finds that using trekking poles really help me negotiate rough terrain. With them I am almost normal, albeit slow, however I get there. It is something I just have to work around.

I usually wear a comfortable slip on shoe on the plane. It is easier to put them back on after going through security. I've been thinking about what I am wearing and taking with me on my trip to the RSA in April 2019. I am leaning towards wearing my new boots. One, they will be with me regardless what happens to the luggage. Two, it will free up a lot of space in the checked luggage. Three, it will help break them in that much more wearing them on the flight.

On my first trip, I wore some Cabelas Meindl uninsulated Ultralight Hunters. They worked great and would last more trips, but in the intervening five years, I often feel the front of the boots with my big toe. This has never an issue before, but it is now and is very disconcerting. I don't want to be on a hunt and have blisters on the front of my toes.

I have purchased a pair of Lowa Z-8S GTX Coyote OP. They are even more comfortable. Looking forward to trying them.

And Hank, how much longer do we have to wait for the next installment?
I have 5 pr of the Lowa Z8 & Z6, best boot ever

There is not much I can say that would add to the story, so I will just say thank you. You have taken what was obviously an incredible experience, and shared it for us all to enjoy. Some incredible memories, and I am sure they will not fade soon. Excellent animals by the way, all very nice trophies! Like those who mentioned this before, I would certainly have my hand up if you chose to write a collection of your experiences. Well done sir!

Enjoyed the read, congrats. Well done. So what's up next....

Enjoyed the read, congrats. Well done. So what's up next....
Really not sure . . . When you've accomplished something that's taken a while to get done - 10 years in this case - there's a bit of a let down when it's finally over. So taking some time to figure it out. Might look at countries I haven't hunted before (Uganda looks interesting), or finish the tiny 10 (I have 8), or maybe try for another leopard or elephant while we still can . . .

Rest assured I will let everyone know!

Really not sure . . . When you've accomplished something that's taken a while to get done - 10 years in this case - there's a bit of a let down when it's finally over. So taking some time to figure it out. Might look at countries I haven't hunted before (Uganda looks interesting), or finish the tiny 10 (I have 8), or maybe try for another leopard or elephant while we still can . . .

Rest assured I will let everyone know!

Love your stories, not sure the random guy on the internet gets a vote... but I vote leopard

I got a nice leopard about 6 years ago in Zimbabwe . . . at last light. Decent shot, but lousy ammo (had to use local at that time - the UN embargo). Nice kitty, charged us from about 10 feet away, a picture which will live with me for a while yet. Unfortunately, the skin was so badly prepared that it arrived home mouldy and almost unusable. I managed to get a nice tail . . . and my taxidermist made me a shoulder mount, using bits and pieces from the usable parts of the skin. I can't tell, but he told me that the ears were actually from a mountain lion!

Given that experience, it might just be time to try again.

Having said that, I am quite taken by what @rookhawk has just done . . . just decide to go next week and see what's available! Unfortunately in Canada if you do that you won't be able to take your own firearms . . . takes longer than that too get the permits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilliamcoUlt

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you