Calling All Hunters: Register for the 2019 DSC Convention Today!

AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
(Oct. 26, 2018 - DALLAS) -- One of the world's fastest-growing outdoor conventions and expos, the DSC Convention, will return to Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center and Omni Hotel Dallas in downtown Dallas for 2019 with the theme Mogambo: Dagga Boy Danger.

dallas-safari-club-convention-2019.jpg

The dates for The Greatest Hunters' Convention on the Planet™ are Jan. 17-20, 2019, Thursday through Saturday 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Sunday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Make your plans now before events sell out. Visit biggame.org to register for events and buy day passes. Click here to reserve your hotel room. Many excellent hotels still have rooms available. All hotels provide free transportation to the Convention Center.
The family friendly expo is open to the public and will fill a record 800,000 square feet with 1,000 exhibitors and 1,800 booths featuring outfitted hunts, guns, gear and much more. Plan on more than one day to see it all! Hunting world celebrities scheduled to appear include: Lt. Col. Oliver North, Dan Cabela, Ivan Carter, Mark Haldane, Blake Barnett, Craig Boddington, Ron Spomer, Larry Weishuhn, and Jim Zumbo, and many others!

dallas-safari-club-convention.jpg

Evening events include the pre-show Wednesday Welcome party at Gilley's, and the gala dinners with live auctions to follow, Thursday through Saturday, all beginning with a cocktail hour at 5:30 p.m. Also on Wednesday, Jim Shockey will be presented with the Weatherby Award at a gala dinner that begins with cocktails at 5 p.m. Details for that event can be found at weatherby.com.

At the Expo, on stage in Hall F will be outdoor legends such as Craig Boddington, Jim Shockey, Jim Zumbo, Larry Weishuhn, Blake Barnett, Ron Spomer and others, telling tales from hunt camp. Also featured will be the 4th annual Professional Hunters' Cup, and other interesting presentations. Entertainment from "unplugged" artists will be provided to close out the stage programming.

Showcased during the event will be sculptor Raj Paul, chosen as DSC's Artist of the Year. Paul works primarily in bronze casts and has created many pieces over the years for DSC's awards program, as well as imaginative work that he has donated to the live and silent auctions. Paul will have special auction items included in the live auction line-up and will have artwork featured on the cover of the Convention issue of Game Trails for 2019.
The Conklin Award, created to recognize a superb hunter and stalwart conservationist in memory of James E. Conklin, will be presented at the Omni Hotel Ballroom on Thursday, Jan. 17, from 6 to 11 p.m.
The Ladies Luncheon & Auction will be held at the Omni Hotel in the Trinity Ballroom on Friday, Jan. 18, from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Attendees will fellowship with like-minded women and find out who will be the 2019 Extreme Huntress™.
The Life Member Breakfast & Auction will be held Saturday, Jan. 19 from 8 to 10 a.m. in the Omni Hotel Trinity Ballroom. Scheduled to speak are Dan Cabela, Ivan Carter and Mark Haldane from Twenty Four Lions, a project that is restoring the wild lion population in the Zambeze Delta.
Attendees of the banquet held Saturday night, Jan. 19, will get to hear from NRA President Oliver North and congratulate the recipients of the Outstanding Hunting Achievement Award and the Peter Hathaway Capstick Hunting Heritage Award, Bill and Suzie Brewster, of Oklahoma.
The DSC Convention and Expo is one of the biggest fundraising events in Texas. Over the past five years, the live and silent auctions have generated more than $5 million in grants for conservation, education and hunter advocacy grants and initiatives around the world.

Order banquet tickets and day passes today.
For more information, visit www.biggame.org.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaeMorris

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross