Buzz Charlton tuskless charge

Check CMS feed on YouTube, it might be there already.
 
It is on Buzz's personal FB feed if anyone wants to view it there.
 
And it looked like the client put it down with the second shot from his double. The bolt gun had not reloaded by then.

I’m of the opinion that Buzz’s shot hit close to/ or the brain and the front legs were buckling already when Mike made the excellent 2nd shot.

Note the end of second 31, right before Mike fires.

 
The video posted just above my comment here is from a different hunt in the past with Mike Jines.
 
Watching Buzz drop charging elephants with his .416 Rigby is like watching the finest theatre. The young man is a master at his craft.

I was once almost nearly killed by a charging bull elephant myself in 2006. I was using a .375 Holland & Holland Magnum Musgrave loaded with Prvi Partizan 300Gr round nosed copper jacketed FMJ solid factory loads. Unfortunately, the bull had charged and I had made an ineffectual frontal brain shot. That bull would have flattened me like a pancake, had my white hunter Devon not successfully downed him with a more efficient frontal brain shot. Devon was armed with a .505 Gibbs magazine rifle which was built by John Bolliger on a Granite Mountain Arms African Magnum Mauser action. His bullet of choice was the South African all-brass flat nosed 600Gr DZOMBO MK. VI monometal solid propelled at 2150 fps.

Later, I found out that my Prvi Partizan 300Gr copper jacketed FMJ “solid” bullet had broken up on the elephant’s skull bone and completely split it’s thinnish copper jacket.
Dzombo 600 are also my go to in the Gibbs. I get 2250 - the load was worked up in consultation with Bjinse Visser who makes the Dzombo’s. Although not a hunter perse he does a lot of DG trail guiding.
 
Dzombo 600 are also my go to in the Gibbs. I get 2250 - the load was worked up in consultation with Bjinse Visser who makes the Dzombo’s. Although not a hunter perse he does a lot of DG trail guiding.
Very nice. What brand/action rifle is your .505 Gibbs ?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,249
Messages
1,570,727
Members
169,129
Latest member
ChangeLal
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top