Bullet ID

Bauer

AH member
Joined
Aug 24, 2020
Messages
45
Reaction score
20
I was wondering if anyone can help me identify this bullet.

375 caliber
300 grain bullet
DAC76B56-0147-4246-A61F-C4DA3A1B18AB.jpeg
 
I don't know what it is, but I wonder what those layers are. It looks like

Outer Layer : Brass
Thin Middle Layer : Steel maybe?
Inner Core : Copper

@michael458, ever seen this "solid" before?
 
Last edited:
Is that a brass bullet with copper in the base?
 
Just got off the phone with Hornaday. They are telling me it is a non-encapsulated bullet.
 
I called Hornaday because most of the bullets that I just got are from hornaday so I took a stab at it.
 
Is it magnetic? My 220 gr hornady solids are steel jackets with copper over them.
 
I am familiar with the Punch bullet which is brass with a lead filled base. Short and dense and a great penetrator; shoots right through an ele head.
 
Could be a Hornady FMJ as they did market a brass colored bullet in the 90s. I used one box (50) of them for targeting and backup to Sledgehammers. Somewhere I have 2bullets that were used on Cape Buffalo.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,241
Messages
1,569,374
Members
168,664
Latest member
11Pitch21QB
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top