Buffalo hits hunter

Pheroze

AH ambassador
Joined
Jul 6, 2013
Messages
5,574
Reaction score
9,982
Location
Ontario
Media
100
Articles
32
Hunting reports
Africa
2
USA/Canada
6
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
Yikes! Hope he’s OK?
 
It looks like he shot just as the bull dropped his head. Good lesson.

It must have just bumped him. You can see how the bull starts to twist his head to hook the guy. That guy was very lucky not to have ended up on that right hook.

I think I'll start shooting earlier in the Buffalo's advance. :eek:
 
Well that didn't seem well planned at all. Did he think he was hunting a coyote or some other non dangerous game?! I am pretty sure he will think twice before doing that again.
 
Ya mess with tha bull, ya get the horns. ;)
 
That was actually the PH that took the hit. The hunt was on Wild TV a couple months ago not sure who the hunters were. They were hunting with a cross bow at the time, no explanation whether the bull was wounded or not. I will try and find more information on the hunt.
 
Having worked with cattle for most of my adult life, I have a healthy respect for bovine creatures. They move fast, are tough as hell, and when they set their mind to something, they are mighty hard to change their mind.
 
That was actually the PH that took the hit. The hunt was on Wild TV a couple months ago not sure who the hunters were. They were hunting with a cross bow at the time, no explanation whether the bull was wounded or not. I will try and find more information on the hunt.
Antler Ice's Bone Cold TV, Avula Safaris. Sorry don't know how to post the video link.
 
Having worked with cattle for most of my adult life, I have a healthy respect for bovine creatures. They move fast, are tough as hell, and when they set their mind to something, they are mighty hard to change their mind.

Their acceleration is amazing....

I saw someone on here talk about how slow they are to get up one time. I just snickered to myself and thought "yeah, you just keep thinking that, and I hope it doesn't get you killed...."
 
Took me forever to find it on the web. (That is saying something.)

Go to around 15:20 minute mark....

Chad Faulkner Crossbow Hunter
 
Last edited:
The set up for the charge.
Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 15.50.28.png
 
Play by play
Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 15.51.33.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 15.51.43.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 15.51.53.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 15.52.04.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 15.52.18.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 15.53.09.png


Where the rifle started flying.
Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 15.53.16.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 15.53.25.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 15.53.32.png


On the ground with no holes. Thankfully.
Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 15.53.51.png
 
Up on his own after the hit.
Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 15.54.22.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 15.54.47.png


Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 15.56.39.png
 
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,299
Messages
1,572,033
Members
169,480
Latest member
JulianHof
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top