Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
PHASA
Good day AH community!

We have just finished our 3rd consecutive season at the reserve and it is simply incredible to see how the buffalo hunting improves each year. Limiting the quota is certainly paying dividends and we are seeing a definitive increase each year in the buffalo numbers. Specifically older bulls and cows.

Once you've hunted a cape buffalo you'll realize why its such an addictive hunt - and chasing cows is no different! The hunt for a cow is not any different in quality to a bull hunt in any way shape or form. If you could bottle the feeling of your first buffalo hunt and sell it you'd most definitely be a very wealthy man! However, that being said, its not always financially feasible for everyone to hunt bulls. That is why a Buffalo Cow Hunt is such an attractive option. We strongly believe we have one of the finest Buffalo cow hunts on offer in South Africa for 2024 and have enjoyed some absolutely fantastic buff hunts there over the last few years with our clients. The hunting area is absolutely massive (in excess of 44,000 acres!!) and we will be hunting large self sustaining herds.

This hunting is as fair chase as it comes and the fitness levels required are medium to high. The hunt will take place on a 44,500-acre reserve with rolling hills, sand veld, flat land areas and mountains. We will be hunting old Buff cows the proper way, on foot and with no size limit. In terms of trophy selection there is no size limit and we will focus primarily on age. The hunting will be hard and honest and any buffalo hunted here will have been hard earned. This is hard hunting on foot by taking the freshest tracks from the day before. The days are long with them consisting mainly of with checking roads and checking waterholes for likely tracks and of course - hunting. A medium to high level of fitness is required for this hunt as you can easily cover up to 15km a day with lots of walking.

The Package is as follows:

OFFER 1:

5 days/6 nights
1x Hunter
1x Buffalo cow
USD$4700
EUR€4455
ALL INCLUSIVE

OFFER 2:
5 days/6 nights
2x hunters
2x buffalo cows
USD$4400 per hunter
EUR€4170 per hunter
ALL INCLUSIVE

Other animals can be added at additional cost.
Other hunter/observers welcome at additional cost.

Package includes:
• Licensed Professional Hunter, a Tracker, Skinner and hunting vehicle.
• Accommodation on a full board basis, incl. non-alcoholic drinks and table beer/wine
• Transfer from and to Johannesburg international Airport.
• Transport between and on hunting Area A and Area B
• Laundry service (Except on Sundays).
• Field preparation of Trophies.

Package excludes:
• Flight from and to Johannesburg International Airport, and any national flights from one concession to the next.
• Hard tack (whiskey, brandy etc)
• Firearms and ammunition. (Rifle Hire available at request)
• Hotel accommodation before and after the hunt – if required.
• Taxidermy, packing, insurance, transport.
• Dipping and shipping of trophies.
• Personal expenses ex. Tips, Telephone, Souvenirs etc.
• Tourist Programmes

We hope to hear from you all!

Contact us at: hunt@baylysippelsafaris.co.za for more info
+27 719821685 - Dempsey Bayly (available on WhatsApp)
+27 833994593 - Michael Sippel (available on WhatsApp)

Keep up with us on our various social media platforms:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BaylySippelHuntingSafaris/
Instagram: bayly_sippel_safaris
YouTube: Bayly Sippel Hunting Safaris

Kind regards,
Dempsey Bayly & Michael Sippel

Bayly Sippel Safaris US person of contact Gene Hobbs - ghobbs001@gmail.com / Robert Williamson - Northslopegrips@gmail.com
Bayly Sippel Safaris Australian person of contact David Berner - davidberner1983@hotmail.com
Bayly Sippel Safaris France person of contact Romain Berthouly - rberthouly@hotmail.com
Bayly Sippel Safaris German person of contact Jorn Spitz - r93lexus@gmail.com
Bayly Sippel Safaris Canadian person of contact Brandon Isaac -isaacbr@gmail.com / Dean Macdonald - dmaed45@hotmail.com

Screenshot_20231009_154141_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231009_153929_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231009_154156_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231009_154125_Gallery.jpg

I hunted for bulls on this reserve last July with Bayly Sippel and can recommend outfit. It is a physically more demanding hunt, up and down hills, crawling through the brush, and what not... so be prepared.

I hunted for bulls on this reserve last July with Bayly Sippel and can recommend outfit. It is a physically more demanding hunt, up and down hills, crawling through the brush, and what not... so be prepared.
Thank you very much for the kind words - it is incredibly appreciated. This cow hunt is a fantastic hunt for those wishing to experience the same adrenaline as a bull hunt but at a much lower rate! Don't miss out AH community!

Kind regards,

This sounds like my kind of hunting. My first buff was a management cow in 2019. Not a large property but still a challenging hunt. Very brushy and the animals were wary. I was tasked with shooting a specific cow in a herd of over forty. Only animal with a tag in its ear was the herd bull and he was QUITE distinctive ... and expensive. I understand the operation paid more than $100K US for him at auction. The PH kept telling me "She's the one with big horns." Hell, to me they all looked to have big horns. Finally caught them stopped briefly in a small opening and I was able to pick her out. Indeed, she did have nice horns! I put her down with a frontal heart shot at 110 yards. Then the bull came for us ... three times! Crabby bugger.
2019-08-26 buffalo posed(1).JPG

She was 25 years old, in tough shape, and hadn't raised a calf in over six years. The price was very reasonable and the hunting experience was a lot more than I expected.

This year I again planned to cull a cow with the 404 Jeffery rifle I had just finished building. We spent three days fruitlessly chasing that spooky herd around in thick cover. Only glimpsed the designated cow once. Other animals were on the menu (sort of ... I was there to hunt whatever, not do a checklist of plains game animals ... all of which were already on the wall anyway) so it was no big deal if I didn't get a shot at her.

I just turned 71 but still quite fit. Ten miles walking still comes easy. This sounds like a deal that might fit me well. I'll be contacting their Canadian guy.

This sounds like my kind of hunting. My first buff was a management cow in 2019. Not a large property but still a challenging hunt. Very brushy and the animals were wary. I was tasked with shooting a specific cow in a herd of over forty. Only animal with a tag in its ear was the herd bull and he was QUITE distinctive ... and expensive. I understand the operation paid more than $100K US for him at auction. The PH kept telling me "She's the one with big horns." Hell, to me they all looked to have big horns. Finally caught them stopped briefly in a small opening and I was able to pick her out. Indeed, she did have nice horns! I put her down with a frontal heart shot at 110 yards. Then the bull came for us ... three times! Crabby bugger.
View attachment 564245
She was 25 years old, in tough shape, and hadn't raised a calf in over six years. The price was very reasonable and the hunting experience was a lot more than I expected.

This year I again planned to cull a cow with the 404 Jeffery rifle I had just finished building. We spent three days fruitlessly chasing that spooky herd around in thick cover. Only glimpsed the designated cow once. Other animals were on the menu (sort of ... I was there to hunt whatever, not do a checklist of plains game animals ... all of which were already on the wall anyway) so it was no big deal if I didn't get a shot at her.

I just turned 71 but still quite fit. Ten miles walking still comes easy. This sounds like a deal that might fit me well. I'll be contacting their Canadian guy.
Sounds like a great hunt! And that is a fantastic old cow sir! Almost looks like a bull without bosses! If you are interested in trying out what we have to offer you will definitely not regret it. We just try and focus on an old cow but don't have a specific target animal in mind. The hunting is what one would call fair chase and you take what is given by the bush!

Please dont hesitate to contact us:
hunt@baylysippelsafaris.co.za
+27719821685 (WhatsApp)

Kind regards,

STC_0047.JPG
STC_2039.JPG
STC_0563.JPG
20230617_083916.jpg
STC_0133.JPG
FB_IMG_1686603400741.jpg

IMG-20210904-WA0068.jpg
IMG_20210914_155512-01.jpeg
142628498_10220486952065610_3009054664435451775_n.jpg
119706660_10157699379747901_3275010713300841232_n.jpg
82178538_10219765455185952_4268469448022687744_n.jpg
48173680_10218153047727392_8226011361491025920_n.jpg
48270533_10218153049767443_1571293062024396800_n.jpg

We still have limited tags available for this hunt - don't miss out on your chance at the best buffalo cow hunting experience available in South Africa! Nothing quite compares to this experience!

Kind regards,

We still have limited tags available for this hunt - don't miss out on your chance at the best buffalo cow hunting experience available in South Africa! If you wish to talk more about this hunt please feel free to arrange a meeting with us at the various shows we will be attending!

4.png
12.png

We are excited to announce that we still have two tags left for the 2024 season at the reserve! We have had a phenomenal marketing period and are nearly sold out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saleh Al Nahdi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.