Buff Pedestal mount

Redfishga1

AH veteran
Joined
Jun 24, 2024
Messages
170
Reaction score
324
Location
Savannah, GA
Media
9
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Europe
1
Member of
DSC, SCI, NWTF, DU, Double Rifle Society
Hunted
USA, South Africa, France, Argentina, Hungary, Austria, Spain
Lets see your buff pedestal mounts. I had originally planned on a euro but now im torn. I would like to see if they could make the pedestal part wine rack.
 
Lets see your buff pedestal mounts. I had originally planned on a euro but now im torn. I would like to see if they could make the pedestal part wine rack.
IMG_5110.jpeg


The base I guess could have a wine rack built into it
 
This one was done by the Wildlife Gallery in Michigan.
 

Attachments

  • 6B8C38A2-40D5-45CF-9A65-629F4E491115.jpeg
    6B8C38A2-40D5-45CF-9A65-629F4E491115.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 136
A famous buff on pedestal. Rodin's "The Thinker" a.k.a. "Constipated"
Mus_e_Rodin_1.jpg

Be aware that artificial "habitat" can be a headache to maintain. Dust catchers that are difficult to clean. Also colors in silk grass etc can fade out, especially in rooms with a lot of natural light.
 
I think euro on a wine rack pedestal makes more sense. Imagine having to duck around that monster shoulder mount to get at the wine bottles.
 
I’m looking for a special pedestal for my buffalo
 
A cleaner, more classic pedestal works better with our trophy room concept which is a bit more old world. It also provides a surface for other memories.

trophy room7.jpg
 
May I ask a favor, when posting, could you say where buff was taken, and if taxidermy was done in the US, Africa, Europe or Australia please just for reference?
 
A cleaner, more classic pedestal works better with our trophy room concept which is a bit more old world. It also provides a surface for other memories.

View attachment 774937
One mount and 3 euros? Is a mount a must or could I get as much enjoyment from a euro and use the savings towards another hunt? Trying to be realistic and practical.
 
One mount and 3 euros? Is a mount a must or could I get as much enjoyment from a euro and use the savings towards another hunt? Trying to be realistic and practical.
If we were merely practical, we would not spend a dime bringing any sort of dead fauna back from abroad. Trophies are all about what pleases us during the remainder of our lives. I will turn 74 in a few months. I have had the privilege to hunt game for many decades in many different countries on four continents. I have no idea how many game animals I have taken. But, my trophy room contains exactly nine pedestal or shoulder mounts and three from the tiny ten - of which I have taken seven. I have not counted the number of Euro's, but something north of two dozen are hanging around - including all of my displayed antlered game. In the attic storeroom are somewhere north of thirty or forty euros, many of which are whitetail. With the dawn of the age of digital photography, most of my "trophies" are now in the photo journals I create following each adventure.

I would emphasize again the idea of what pleases you. When we are gone, any of the preserved animals on the wall are simply a burden to our heirs. No one will want them and they will recover pennies on the dollar. They bring me joy, and I love holding court while entertaining in the trophy room, but I am also sensible enough to realize that the only real treasures I might actually create are the photo journals. A great grandchild will have no interest in a tattered mount or skull, but a photo journal of the adventures of his or her great grandparents might just be a treasure.

Photo Journals
 
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,307
Messages
1,572,360
Members
169,536
Latest member
KieranChap
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top