Brutal Lion Attack

I might now take, and sleep with a different knife on my next trip. :oops:
Altitude - good idea——Always have a KNIFE, to cut a string or kill a Leopard/Lion (YES Tarzan did it !!)
 
It’s all about feeling safe :cool: . Even if a knife is no defense against a Lion.
 
Shotgun with solids would do the job too. Seen that go right through car doors. Used on a bull (at about 5m) on the farm right through the skull and down the spine stopped around the shoulder blades. If they can kill cars and bulls recon it will skittle a Lion.
Interesting concept of an individual on this site converting a double barrel shotgun to something similar to a double rifle shooting slugs. Might be a fun project.
 
Interesting concept of an individual on this site converting a double barrel shotgun to something similar to a double rifle shooting slugs. Might be a fun project.
rwp315: Having shot both - although much more 12 ga slugs vs. 470NE - there is NO comparison in penetration, a 470NE with any bullet will penetrate 2x that of a 12 ga slug. Based on average ballistics that’s no surprise: a .470NE @ 2150/500 gr vs. a 12 ga slug @ 1600-1900 fps w/425 gr. Then add solids into the .470NE and you can penetrate twice as par. For Deer or Bear I’d think a 12ga slug ‘prefect’ but Not Buffalo
 
rwp315: Having shot both - although much more 12 ga slugs vs. 470NE - there is NO comparison in penetration, a 470NE with any bullet will penetrate 2x that of a 12 ga slug. Based on average ballistics that’s no surprise: a .470NE @ 2150/500 gr vs. a 12 ga slug @ 1600-1900 fps w/425 gr. Then add solids into the .470NE and you can penetrate twice as par. For Deer or Bear I’d think a 12ga slug ‘prefect’ but Not Buffalo
I know you are right. I wouldn’t bet on the 12ga either in that instance.
I was just thinking that it’d be a project on a very old shotgun.

Thank you!
 
Never said buffalo, and sure no where near the the ballistics of a 470, didn’t say that either. Was more talking about in the case of lion leopard camp encounters. I’ve read that some PH have a bag for going in after leopards when shot in thick cover and they’re not sure if dead. Fairly sure it’s a shotgun with buckshot in the bag. So solids at close range id bet would more that do the job against these two. Of course I’d rather not find out but….better than a knife :unsure:o_O my Tarzan calls are way out of practice:giggle:

(Waiting for the new WOKE Tarzan movie:A Stirring:)
 
Never said buffalo, and sure no where near the the ballistics of a 470, didn’t say that either. Was more talking about in the case of lion leopard camp encounters. I’ve read that some PH have a bag for going in after leopards when shot in thick cover and they’re not sure if dead. Fairly sure it’s a shotgun with buckshot in the bag. So solids at close range id bet would more that do the job against these two. Of course I’d rather not find out but….better than a knife :unsure:o_O my Tarzan calls are way out of practice:giggle:

(Waiting for the new WOKE Tarzan movie:A Stirring:)
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,364
Messages
1,574,299
Members
170,003
Latest member
EdgarLic1
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top