Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA endowment member/Life member
Hunted
All 6 Continents
Bought from my Son-in-Law, who inherited it, for way too much money, but a good cause. Neither he nor I have ever fired it. It appears NIB but may have been fired by his Old Man. (It came with a box minus 13 rounds). I am not a handgunner, and priced it about 20% lower than any comparable I could find. Original two mags, box, booklet, $1350 plus $50 shipping.(or trade for Lear Jet) Be sure your FFL accepts from a non FFL. Thanks for looking.....FWB

IMG-2613 (4).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Another foto......(this is the first gun I have sold on the internet, and
IMG-2616 (1).jpg
in a learning phase).....FWB

Is it legal for a non-FFL to ship a handgun for sale? I know it is for repair, and to ship a long gun for sale...
Good luck.

Ya, a good question. I have looked it up, and think that it is. Went to ATF site....but I will be sure to recheck. Probably a lot of sellers on this site know the answer better than I do...................FWB

Love these old girls (yours isn't that old lol) & I carry one ever day in country, should be back with mine next week !

Good luck with your sale !

I'm pretty sure that as long as it goes to a FFL holder and abide by the states law all will be well

Yes you can send it UPS or FedEx only private party to FFL. USPS is a no go for private party shipping handguns, only FFL to FFL is allowed. GLWS FWB, nice little pistol!

As far as the ATF is concerned its not an issue, but the carriers have changed their policys as of late!

Copied right from fedex website:

Steps for how to ship firearms​

Shippers with a Federal Firearm License
Only customers holding a Federal Firearms License (FFL) and federal, state, or local government agencies may ship firearms with FedEx. Customers holding an FFL must enter into an approved FedEx Firearms Shipping Compliance Agreement before shipping any firearms with FedEx. For more information, contact your FedEx account executive.
Nonlicensee shippers
Nonlicensees are prohibited from shipping firearms with FedEx.

UPS is now saying the same thing! FEDEX and UPS used to allow long gun shipments but no handguns until recently. In fact this must have changed in the not so distant past as i know i just read that they still allowed shipment of long guns by non ffl holder to FFL holder but obviously it has changed.

My FFL charges $20 for a transfer. Add that to a USPS Priority Mail shipment for less than $20 and presto! Handgun(s) on their way to the buyer's receiving FFL.

FedEx and UPS require overnight or one day shipments for private parties sending handguns. Those get pricy!

Ya, a good question. I have looked it up, and think that it is. Went to ATF site....but I will be sure to recheck. Probably a lot of sellers on this site know the answer better than I do...................FWB
You have to go FFL to FFL. To sell it, you will have to take it to an FFL dealer and he will transfer it to the buyer's FFL dealer.

Likely depends on state law as non-licensee, but it IS legal to ship as non-ffl, as long as it is being shipped directly to an FFL with it declared to the shipper as a handgun and FFL provided with the gun and to shipper. It is up to the FFL if they will accept from Non-FFL individuals. You will need to provide a copy of your ID and contact info with the gun so that the FFL can process the transfer.

It can only be shipped directly through a hub, no UPS Store, etc. Handguns must be shipped Next Day Air! Ground shipping is NOT allowed for handguns.

USPS is a definite NO for handguns, Long guns are ok.

That's a great pistol!

here
Likely depends on state law as non-licensee, but it IS legal to ship as non-ffl, as long as it is being shipped directly to an FFL with it declared to the shipper as a handgun and FFL provided with the gun and to shipper. It is up to the FFL if they will accept from Non-FFL individuals. You will need to provide a copy of your ID and contact info with the gun so that the FFL can process the transfer.

It can only be shipped directly through a hub, no UPS Store, etc. Handguns must be shipped Next Day Air! Ground shipping is NOT allowed for handguns.

USPS is a definite NO for handguns, Long guns are ok.

FEDEX just posted that they will not ship ANY firearms unless you are an FFL holder now. Here is the link:

Bought from my Son-in-Law, who inherited it, for way too much money, but a good cause. Neither he nor I have ever fired it. It appears NIB but may have been fired by his Old Man. (It came with a box minus 13 rounds). I am not a handgunner, and priced it about 20% lower than any comparable I could find. Original two mags, box, booklet, $1350 plus $50 shipping.(or trade for Lear Jet) Be sure your FFL accepts from a non FFL. Thanks for looking.....FWB

View attachment 468077
That’s a very nice Hi-power. Wish I could swing it… Good luck with your sale!

Well crap, that’s new… I have always shipped firearms via UPS. Hope they don’t follow Fedex on this one…
Well damn, thanks for the update on FedEx policies, I have shipped a few firearms with them, as long as I took it to the actual FedEx shipping depot (they go from there straight to the airport) and had the paperwork, I've had no problems.

Shipping handguns, I just go through my local FFL, as the $25 charge is worth less hassle.

Very nice pistol they shoot very well and very rugged I have one not in such a good nick am however going to change the sights might even put on a reflex sight as it will be mostly used for sport shooting and defense at home if needed.

It is very accurate and likes the 124gr bullets.
Why I wnat different sights is because I have to cover the target with the front sight to hit it I rather enjoy a 6 o clock hold.

But the gun advertised has a much better backsight than my standard sight which cannot be set.

Whoever is going to buy the pistol is going to have fun.

Frederik, I don't know if you have access to XS Sight Systems, but they are very effective for under 20-meter shots. The backsight is a wide, shallow V in the classic English Express rifle form, and can be had with fiber optic front sight.

I have this on my Para 1911 Lightweight Commander style .45 ACP, and a very effective, instinctive quick shot sights system.

Now I just need a Browning P-35 Hi Power set up but am holding out for an original T-series Belgium Browning, although I have owned and shot this Mark II Browning assembled in Portugal and they work fine. Just nostalgia, I guess.

Check out XS Sight systems for your Browning. You will not be disappointed. I tried these 20 years ago on a 1911 at a shooting range just north of Dallas, run by a former British SAS soldier. I've had them ever since on my working pistols.

Hello flatwater bill,

My vote is that you simply keep this pistol.
Yours truly has the EXACT same model (plus, a dozen magazines for it) and when I’m finally pulled down by lions, mine will be inherited by my sons.
I believe Browning called this variation the “Silver Chrome Model”?
In any event, mine goes like a scalded cat, feeding all manner of ammunition, ball, flat nose, cast lead, jacketed soft point, hollow point, also including factory and / or hand loads.
Also, it is quite accurate, yes quite.

According to the gun writers, the rear sight on this model is delicate.
My spin on that notion is, “don’t throw your pistol down and kick it across the street, then your sights will probably hold together just fine”.

As auto-pistols in 9x19 “caliber” go, the Browning P-35, (AKA: Browning “Hi-Power”) is my favorite one.
And again, the one I own is the exact same variation that you have as well.
They haven’t made that variation I think, since the 1980’s ?

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

PS:
If I could afford an original SIG P-210, I might call that my favorite 9x19 caliber auto-pistol.
However, I can actually afford the Browning and so, “Bob’s your auntie”, as they say.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross