Broken Wrist repaired

Altitude sickness

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Joined
Jun 24, 2023
Messages
8,396
Reaction score
33,208
Location
Michigan
Media
54
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
1
USA/Canada
2
I just received my late 1800s Army and Navy SxS .410 that was repaired. The wrist broke completely in two.

The stock maker used a mill to remove all bad wood and built up all new surfaces. Then milled and hand fitted the pinned and repaired wrist. The repair is almost invisible on the left side and looks very good but not as invisible on the right side that I’ve shown here.

I placed a svelte Rigby boxlock 12 gauge next to it for scale.

IMG_1857.jpeg
IMG_1859.jpeg
IMG_1862.jpeg
IMG_1863.jpeg
 
What a lovely little shotgun. The longer barrels must ease the whippy nature of such a small frame.

Let us know how it shoots.
 
Beautiful little W&C Scott action . A lovely little gun .
 
A huge thank you to “Talketna Ray” when I asked on AH if anyone had 2” .410 shells for an antique gun to sell. He reached out and volunteered to help me with a solution.

He trimmed .444 Marlin brass to work in the gun. He sent me 50 peices of brass, wads and shot cards.

I used 12 grains of Hodgdon Lil’gun powder, then pushed a wad down into the case, added 3/8 ounce number 6 shot and then used Elmer’s glue and a shot card.

Patterned the gun at 25 yards.

Thank you very much Ray !

IMG_1876.jpeg
IMG_1875.jpeg
IMG_1870.jpeg
IMG_1871.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1873.jpeg
    IMG_1873.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 94
Ballistic products may have the items you need as well, i use one of their roll crimpers for making short 12 gauge shells for running in an older winchester model 97, I believe they have them for smaller gauges as well, might be worth a look. Nice looking shotgun and great size for snowshoe hunting as well.
 
Take it shooting. Run some light loads through it. Feel it hold together. That's the real test, and the real reward.
 
Pressed the Army&Navy .410 into action this morning.

2” brass with 12 grains of “LillGun” powder and 3/8 ounce number 6 shot in a Plastic wad and shot cards

Stoned the rabbit at 20 ish yards.
IMG_1961.jpeg
IMG_1957.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1960.jpeg
    IMG_1960.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1959.jpeg
    IMG_1959.jpeg
    8.6 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1951.jpeg
    IMG_1951.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 82

Forum statistics

Threads
70,385
Messages
1,574,723
Members
170,152
Latest member
babykidsstore
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top