BRNO Stopper

Nomsag

AH veteran
Joined
Mar 9, 2020
Messages
108
Reaction score
554
Media
20
Hunting reports
Africa
3
I’m trying to find someone with first hand experience with the BRNO Stopper. I’m also interested in any leads in finding one for sale.
Thank you,
Jackie
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 11.51.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 11.51.21 AM.png
    2 MB · Views: 334

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 9.17.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 9.17.18 PM.png
    2 MB · Views: 427
  • Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 9.17.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 9.17.19 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 342
  • Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 9.17.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 9.17.29 PM.png
    639.6 KB · Views: 486
  • Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 9.17.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 9.17.30 PM.png
    330.1 KB · Views: 379
I’m trying to find someone with first hand experience with the BRNO Stopper. I’m also interested in any leads in finding one for sale.
Thank you,
Jackie
I have one in 9.3x74R. Absolutely love it. Excellent wood. Will reliably hit anything under 100 metres twice. Beyond that can get sketchy on the second shot if you're hoping to keep within acceptable range. It's compact and very nice to carry in brush. Takes down very nicely.

One problem is the rib joining the two barrels. It is quite small. Most other O/U have a rib that extends full length of the barrel. Mine separated. Took a while to find a gunsmith who could resolder it. It has worked perfectly since then.

Had a gunsmith make a picatinny mount and put a cheap red dot sight on it. Perfect for 100m and shorter distance deer.

Target shown was at 40m.

Absolutely love the gun, but the rib is a bit annoying to have to worry about.

IMG_20170114_1230569.jpg
IMG_20170112_1055071.jpg
IMG_20170112_1054528.jpg
IMG_20171109_1505431.jpg
IMG_20170114_1231510.jpg
 
I used a BRNO Stopper in .375 Holland & Holland Magnum (loaded with 300Gr Nosler Partition soft points) to take a leopard in Tanzania. I’ve provided the photo on this forum. Very accurate rifle and I couldn’t find anything wrong with it. Both barrels regulated absolutely perfectly with the Nosler Partitions.
 
I have two,first one is a 458 Win & second is a 375 H & H,they are both with soldered barrels,twin triggers,they are both really accurate ,the 458 is now a 458 Lott,I had it re-regulated to the Lott,it shoots really well,easy to find loads with different bullet weights,for the price? these are really solid working guns.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,269
Messages
1,571,088
Members
169,253
Latest member
VARGeri003
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top