Bowfishing Carp 2020

G Skinner

AH fanatic
Joined
Jul 25, 2013
Messages
791
Reaction score
618
Media
80
Hunted
Namibia
Our bowfishing season started last week (May 1) My Buddy and I got out last Sunday ..... He got 7 and I got 5 ..... but in this game smaller is always the bigger trophy ...the sucker was only about 6 inches long .
Glen

DSCF6756.JPG
DSCF6757.JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Carp shooting is a great time. unfortunately there is nowhere local to do it where I now live. Have fun.
 
Carp fishing or bow hunting is great fun! I use to catch them and sell them when I was in high school. Strangely they are one of the game I have taken, but never eaten!
Obviously I should try it!
 
Carp fishing or bow hunting is great fun! I use to catch them and sell them when I was in high school. Strangely they are one of the game I have taken, but never eaten!
Obviously I should try it!
Neither have I eaten one ... plan on trying one in the smoker and if they are not very good we'll see if the bears will take to them .
Glen
 
When I was station in California back in the 80s, I used to take my son fishing for carp at the Merced River by where we lived. We would catch and release them, until one Vietnamese older gentleman was saying something from across the river. He walked over and in his broken English ask if he could keep the fish we were catching. I told him sure, wondering why he wanted to keep a fish like this one.

The following weekend, we were fishing again, and the same Vietnamese gentleman was on the other side with a small fire going. He walked over and gave me a couple of pieces of fish he just finished cooking, which turned out to be carp. In all honesty, it was not bad to eat. Not trout, or snapper, or any fish like that, but eatable. LOL!!!!!
 
If you know any pizza joints owned by a first generation European, see if you can swap for some pizzas. BTDT. My buddies and I, on the way back home from the Jersey all night headboats, used to swap bluefish for breakfast. Those eateries were mostly owned by Greeks.
 
Last edited:
Finally got back out .....my back is not perfect , but feels well enough to get out and walk,,,,so walk the river we did .....I got 3 ...... your turn next time James LOL ?
DSCF6826.JPG
DSCF6827.JPG
DSCF6828.JPG
Glen
 
Just one today ......pretty sure the spawn is done .
Glen
DSCF6829.JPG
 
My buddy Joshs' daughter got in on the action a couple of weeks ago ....her first fish ! Way to make Pappa proud Bella ! CONGRATS !
Glen
101835231_10221414220198797_2289701864563929214_o.jpg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,305
Messages
1,572,289
Members
169,519
Latest member
jhbrown9
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top