Botswana elephant recommendations?

No takers? Botswana seems a bit pricey thus limiting those who have gone…
 
Ethakalu Safaris, Allen Becker, is a great guy to hunt with, very good elephant and leopard hunter.
64 pounder
IMG_0624.jpeg
 
Tholo Safaris is excellent! I hunted in CH8 with Steve Van Der Merwe there and took a 72 pounder. The are simply the best.

HH
 
Botswana has a pretty wide spread in cost reflective of both the area, the outfitter, and the trophy potential. Excluding cancellations, it can be hunted for $40k or over $100k depending on what you’re looking for.

Budget, and trophy expectation will dictate
 
I hunted with Johan Calitz Safaris in NG41 near Mababe. Took a 76x70. Can also check with Jeff Rann if you can get ahold of him. Try Clive Eaton as well.
 
Gerard Koch with SV Safaris.
He has concession for CH 1. There last year for cape buffalo. Saw plenty of elephants. Party booked b4 my hunt got 2 and guy booked during my hunt got 1.
AAA+ camp, staff and PH's.
Good luck.
 
My PH with JCS, Ronnie Craus, helped a client get a 109 x 105 last April.
 
My PH with JCS, Ronnie Craus, helped a client get a 109 x 105 last April.
Is that the one with the video currently available on the Safari Classics app? Can’t imagine there were two that size taken last year. Wonderful bull.
 
Thank you and Allen is such a fun guy to hunt with.
 
This doesn't help with the OP but I talked to and considered a hunt with Cabassa Safaris when I was at the SCI Convention for an area in Botswanna across from the Matetsi areas in Zim. I didn't know enough about the company nor area but I was tempted. I know there is an affiliation with Cabassa and Tholo
 
Is that the one with the video currently available on the Safari Classics app? Can’t imagine there were two that size taken last year. Wonderful bull.
Could be? The picture he sent me is from above like from a drone. I don’t have the app. Can you provide a link?
 
Could be? The picture he sent me is from above like from a drone. I don’t have the app. Can you provide a link?
Here is the link to the app you’ll have to subscribe to watch it. The hunter is from Texas and he also takes an ancient buffalo.

You can also download the app on Roku which is mostly how I watch it.

 
This episode just played on TV this past week on Tracks Across Africa on Outdoor Channel, should be able to find reruns of it for the next week
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,292
Messages
1,571,917
Members
169,464
Latest member
Levergunsite
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top