Bongo hunting

horsedr

New member
Joined
Apr 12, 2021
Messages
10
Reaction score
7
I am in the beginning stages of looking for a bongo hunt in '23 or '24. There is not much data out there. I have communicated with Congo Forest Safaris and at least know about Mayo Oldiri. Clearly, with the cost, I don't want to make a serious mistake. Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.
 
I hunted with Northern Operations Africa and could not be happier. My PH Peter Wood and I had a great Safari and I got an old ancient Bungo on day two.
46950048_Unknown.JPG
 
Doesn't Christophe Morio do bongo also ? He used to be a sponsor here- maybe still is

 
Doesn't Christophe Morio do bongo also ? He used to be a sponsor here- maybe still is

Yes is
 
I am in the beginning stages of looking for a bongo hunt in '23 or '24. There is not much data out there. I have communicated with Congo Forest Safaris and at least know about Mayo Oldiri. Clearly, with the cost, I don't want to make a serious mistake. Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.

Following this thread- starting my research too!
 
I know this is several months old but I’m following as well.
 
 
The bongo is the most beautiful animal on earth in my opinion. I had to have one. Things have changed since I went five years ago. Good luck on your search. Make sure to be as prepared as possible for the heat and humidity.
 
I am in the beginning stages of looking for a bongo hunt in '23 or '24. There is not much data out there. I have communicated with Congo Forest Safaris and at least know about Mayo Oldiri. Clearly, with the cost, I don't want to make a serious mistake. Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.
I have spent 61 days in the forest hunting at least half of that with just me and the pygmies. I would be glad to give you some helpful information. I hunt and spend all year in the woods in Louisiana which is harder than the Cameroon forest.
 
The bongo is the most beautiful animal on earth in my opinion. I had to have one. Things have changed since I went five years ago. Good luck on your search. Make sure to be as prepared as possible for the heat and humidity.
Things have changed....for better or worse?
 
Mayo Oldiri is a wise choice. Congratulations
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,267
Messages
1,571,057
Members
169,250
Latest member
JoieHarget
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top